Where to stay?

<p>Visiting next month with my younger son, and looking for suggestions for lodging. Just want something that's clean, convenient, and inexpensive. Was looking at the Courtyard Marriott in Tigard or the Fairfield in Oswego Lake. Which would be more convenient to campus? Anyone know these or other nearby hotels? Thanks.</p>

<p>Unfortunately I don’t know about those. We usually stay in downtown Portland because it’s so fun. Both chains are generally good places so you’re fine there. As far as convenience… I just don’t know.</p>

<p>We’ve stayed at the Fairfield in Lake Oswego and it’s a fairly nice hotel. It’s just off of I-5 and you can get to campus via the back roads. Try a Google Maps to get directions. We found it to be a good location since it’s close to Washington Square Mall and a Costco. There are places to eat within walking distance. You can get a $89 rate with proof of an association to Lewis & Clark by calling directly to make a reservation:</p>

<p>[Places</a> to Stay - Visiting Campus - Lewis & Clark](<a href=“http://www.lclark.edu/visit/places_to_stay/]Places”>Places to Stay - Visiting Us - Lewis & Clark)</p>

<p>For the documented evidence, just show them your confirmation for the visit.</p>

<p>We’ve also stayed at the Phoenix Inn & Suites. It’s in the same area as the Fairfield. Clean, but looks older. The main difference is that the Phoenix Inn had in room refrigerators while the Fairfield didn’t.</p>

<p>We’ve stayed at the Phoenix Inn several times and especially enjoyed the warm chocolate chip cookies they offer as an evening snack. Bridgeport Village, an upscale shopping mall, is a little further south off of I-5.</p>

<p>When I visited in January, we stayed at the Hotel Modera in downtown Portland. It was cheap but very chich and upscale and seemed like it fit right in with Portland. It was only a 10 minute drive for campus.</p>

<p>We stayed at the Monaco Portland. The Lewis & Clark rate was $140- very nice would stay there again~</p>

<p>My mom swears by the Phoenix Inn. It’s right across from a small mall-ish place with plenty of restaurant options. They also give a discount to people through a Lewis & Clark rate, and if you have access to a car it’s maybe a 10-20 minute drive at the worst. Hope that helps!</p>