Which AP tests should I take?

<p>So I’m headed to Bama in the fall as a ChemE major who is also pre-med, but right now it’s almost time to register for my last AP exams, and I only want to take the tests that will be the most advantageous (as in I definitely could get out of taking a class I definitely wouldn’t want to re-take) to save money.
I already have scores that will receive credit for:
World History, English Language and Composition, U.S. History, Physics B, and Biology</p>

<p>This year, I could take:
U.S. Government and Politics, Macroeconomics, Physics C, Computer Science, Chemistry, English Literature and Composition, and Calculus BC</p>

<p>First of all, I’m very confused about English. On Bama’s website, it just says that a score of a 4 on “English” will earn 6 hours of credit. Since there are two different English AP exams, I don’t really know what that means. I assume it’s referring to Language, but then does that mean I have no chance of getting credit for the Literature exam?</p>

<p>And then, as a pre-med STEM major, I’ve received a lot of conflicting advice about whether or not to accept credit for lower-level science classes. Some say it’s good to skip onto the next level and get out of those huge freshman classes, while others say you should retake them because you should be able to get a good grade, and it will ensure that you are ready for the more advanced classes.</p>

<p>If you have a 4 in AP English (either one) than you can’t get any more credits.</p>

<p>Bama accepts either AP English test, but only gives credit for ONE. So, if you get a 4, you get credit for Frosh Comp I and II. </p>

<p>And then, as a pre-med STEM major, I’ve received a lot of conflicting advice about whether or not to accept credit for lower-level science classes. Some say it’s good to skip onto the next level and get out of those huge freshman classes, while others say you should retake them because you should be able to get a good grade, and it will ensure that you are ready for the more advanced classes.</p>

<p>My son is like you…pre-med and ChemE. He used his AP credits to skip Chem and Bio and go to next levels.</p>

<p>you don’t want to have to take Bio II…boring and not useful for pre-meds. </p>

<p>However, if you don’t feel that strong in bio, retake the Bio I, but use AP credits for Bio II and then take the next level …like Bio Chem or Genetics or Cell Bio.</p>

<p>As for Gen Chem, a lot depends on how strong your AP class was. It’s not enough just to have a 5. You need to have had a strong class. If it wasn’t that strong, retake one or both.</p>

<p>So take the science, math, and other APs…and don’t take the extra AP english.</p>