Which college between Udel , Upitt or Penn State UP

Hi I am hoping to get inputs from kids who have got acceptances to above 3 universities. I understand its specific to the major but trying to get info if your kids chose Udel was there any specific reason. We are yet to visit Udel in person. So any inputs greatly appreciated. Thanks

IMO this 100% comes down to personal preference. I know people who had great experiences at all three schools. Consider finances, size, location, any academic program of particular interest, etc.

Congrats on the acceptances.

8 Likes

My 22 year old graduated from UDel honors. Villanova honors was her first choice but no merit. A month in she said she was so glad Villanova was not affordable, she loved UD so much. Beautiful campus, fun Main Street with bars, restaurants, shops, always so much going on (play hard work hard for her crew). She was an exercise science major and is now at BU for her doctorate in physical therapy. Amtrak train station on campus. There was no downside, she came in with 9 AP classes so graduated a year early.

1 Like

We had S18 at Pitt, I had close friends at PSU, and we toured UDel and are waiting on the decision (hopefully tomorrow)

Definitely echo the above about UDel - campus is larger than we expected with a lot more character (read:Brick) than others, the town was small but cute, it’s kinda of not near anything, but you can get to Philly easily and it’s kind of equidistant to other cities. High on my S24’s list. Two of his cousins are there now.

Pitt is not as green or as much character as UDel. But - wow - so much to do and so many places to eat in PGH. Lots of spirit. Football at Heinz field (Steelers) tons of research opportunities. Known for science but great in other fields (things we didn’t realize, like Languages, philosophy) Honors dorm is one of the best dorms we’ve ever seen. Hugh halls and rooms - like a hotel. Can’t say enough good things about Pitt

1 Like

Personal preference. We know folks who are attending or graduated from all three…and all are happy!

2 Likes

Thanks all.

I agree the campus and setting is a possible distinguishing factor.

Pitt has become very popular with those looking for a nice, central location in a major(ish) city. It has an eclectic campus with some iconic buildings like the Cathedral of Learning.

Delaware has a more cohesive campus in a suburbanish/satellite college town. As mentioned it is a quick ride into Philly.

Penn State is your classic big sprawling campus in a college town in the middle of the state. I think over time, preferences have shifted a bit toward more urban or suburban settings, but some people still love that experience.

3 Likes

Thanks. Helpful and concise