Which could be the better choice? UCLA or UC Davis?

<p>I wasn’t sure where to ask this, so:</p>

<p>I got accepted to both UCLA and UC Davis as a bio major and I intend to go to med school. Out of the two, and maybe UCSD (since I haven’t heard from them yet, I won’t take it into consideration), which would be a better choice for me to go to as to maximize the chances of getting into a higher tier med school? Or does it not matter at all?</p>

<p>Are you looking at med schools outside of California? I have known UCD graduates that went to UCLA med school, so in some ways where you got your undergraduate degree is not that big of an issue.</p>

<p>If you are looking at a Harvard for example, it would be wise to see where these students have come from.</p>

<p>In general, it is best to track the med schools you are interested in, and find stats on where the students come from.</p>

<p>You can get in any med school by going to any UC as long as you have a high GPA, MCAT scores, and research and internships. Not too long ago, I read about a student from UCR who got into Harvard Medical School. We also had a UCSC student get into Harvard Med school as well.</p>

<p>Okay thanks! That helps a lot (: Good to know I have a fair chance either way.</p>

<p>The “name” or “prestige” that UCLA holds over Davis will not play a significant factor when it comes to medical school admissions. My guess is that it should be easier to get a high GPA at Davis than at UCLA, and GPA will be one of the most important determining factors. </p>

<p>I’m currently contemplating this as well, because I’ve heard that Davis is an up-and-coming force and is good for those considering medicine. I will most likely attend UCLA, however, because I really like the environment and it’s been my dream school for years. You shouldn’t decide on an undergraduate school based on if it’s going to get you into medical school or not, because you might end up changing your mind about medicine. First and foremost, you should be looking at the school for a place where you can picture yourself living and thriving for the next four years. (Assuming you can reasonably afford it, of course.)</p>

<p>Davis seems to be a a major conduit to top med schools. Friends there say people in her class off to top 20 med schools.</p>

<p>if you’re trying to get into UCLA medical school, then i’d say UCLA. They have the highest admit rate into their own medical school (~20%) which is pretty high considering that DG only accepts like 4% of all applicants iirc.</p>