Which dorm for music major?

<p>I am a singer accepted to the Frost school of music.</p>

<p>I understand from reading these threads that Hecht has a better lobby. But Stanford has music practice rooms. Am I better off asking for Hecht and just walking over to Stanford?</p>

<p>Also what kind of views do the buildings have? Which would be the best choice?</p>

<p>And should I ask for Eaton on the very off chance that something might come up there? </p>

<p>Also which meal plan is best to sign up for 14 or 20?</p>

<p>Thanks so much!</p>

<p>personally, i like hecht better, i've always found it has a stronger sense of community, but I don't live in either hecht or stanford.</p>

<p>hecht views the lake, stanford the IM fields. both bldgs are basically back to back, so walking to practice rooms is not a big deal, if thats what you choose.</p>

<p>i wouldnt ask for eaton, the towers are a really great way to meet other freshmen, eaton's more isolated.</p>

<p>as for meal plan, i'd go with 14. its very rare you have time to go in 3 times a day for a week.</p>

<p>I think the worst if Pearson/mahoney although its actually real popular for its suites. I just feel the dorm itself is quite isolated.</p>

<p>I am pretty social and make friends easily. I really would like a decent bathroom! So would it be worth it to sign up for Eaton as first choice?</p>

<p>I think you already made up your mind you want Eaton ;)</p>

<p>Go with Eaton, if that's what your gut tells you....... also both the Towers view the Lake and other stuff (it's a luck of the draw, which view you get).... </p>

<p>The dorm bathrooms really aren't that bad..... it takes about a week to get use to a shared bathroom (btw, the shower stalls are separate).... </p>

<p>if you want your own bathroom just put Eaton as your first choice.... what's right for one person, may not be right for the next</p>

<p>I would put Eaton as well myself, but didnt cuz i wanna be around freshman and its easier to make friends that way. Also the idea of living in a tower/building is appealing to me :P</p>

<p>I have never seen Eaton or any of the dorms. I just like a decent bathroom!</p>

<p>Are the rooms in Eaton singles? What is the bathroom situation there. </p>

<p>I am sure I can make friends easily, so not worried about that.</p>