Which dorms?

<p>Yes, you do receive an e-mail that will state when you can go online to choose your room. It will be sent closer to the selection window time. Of course, even after you pick, you can still switch to another room, dorm, etc. My son is in his second year. Last winter when he went online to select his housing for this year, he moved around several times over a period of 24 hours before landing the housing he and his friends desired.</p>

<p>^^^You will be given a specific date and time of day to log onto the system and make your choice. It’s pretty straightforward. But, as has been emphasized over and over here, the sooner you make your deposit, the earlier you get to choose.</p>

<p>We deposited in January 2010 and got a pretty good slot. When it was time to log on, all the rooms in Ridgecrest South were taken, but rooms were available in the all-honors Ridgecrest West super-suites. That’s where my son lives and he loves it there.</p>

<p>I’m with m2ck on this issue: if you’re thinking seriously about Bama, deposit now.</p>

<p>My DD is in Riverside North. She loves the super suite set-up, but has remarked that her building is farther from her classes than others as it is at the extreme north of campus. On the flip side, D likes that the north end is a relatively quiet section. As she put it, if you need to you can study in your suite on a game day and not even hear the roar.</p>

<p>Thanks for the clarification. BTW, can you stay in a dorm/room for the entire four years or for instance if you picked one that was for freshmen, you would have to move to another dowm in sophmore year?</p>

<p>You can stay in the same dorm, in the same room for all four years, if you would like. My son and his friends chose to move to Ridgecrest West, because of the excellent kitchen facilities and parking. Parking spaces are limited at his former dorm, Lakeside West. He and his suite mates may opt to stay the same place for next year.</p>

<p>Does anyone know how soon after being accepted and the enrollment deposit being paid will the option to deposit for housing show up?</p>

<p>i want to be in a traditional style dorm with freshmen considering i cannot get into the honors college with the new suites. money is an issue but its not that bad. Im actually at the campus now… very exciting!</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Wow! How fun! Let us know how it goes.</p>

<p>Did you know that there are Super Suites for non-honors students as well? </p>

<p>Half of Ridgecrest South is for non-honors students and Lakeside East is non-honors. There may be other Super Suites non-honors as well.</p>

<p>You’re from Massachusetts, right?</p>

<p>My “son” in non - honors and lives in a super suite in Ridgecrest East. He loves it. Ridgecrest west is honors, East is for regular students. That said, it’s almost 4K a year more for the suites versus the regular dorms.</p>

<p>If you’re a business major I’d look into Friedman Hall. Best dorm location on campus bar none. Way back in the Joe Namath era it was the Athletic dorm. I lived there my frosh year in the early 90’s and liked it. They’ve renovated it since then and made it even nicer from what I hear.</p>

<p>If not a business student then Burke would be my next choice as it’s co-ed. If you’re female and plan to rush then Tutweiler is where you want to be.</p>

<p>yes i am from Massachusetts.</p>

<p>ANYWHO! I went to university days and I love this school SO MUCH! I toured the suites styles, but honestly I think I want a traditional college dorm with a roommate and floor bathrooms and I think that will really help me meet people. I made some friends today too! I really likes Tutwiler and Burke, but mostly Tutwiler because of the location. especially since i want to rush, its close to the stadium, and close to most of my classes. ill be happy at either Tutwiler or Burke. i hope they dont go fast… </p>

<p>I love this school so much! I wanna enroll already but my mother is making me hear from other schools and see which is most financially beneficial for me. It’s understandable but SO annoying!</p>

<p>So glad to hear that your visit went so well!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Ah, the benefits of seeing UA in the flesh. Pretty much says it all. </p>

<p>Roll Tide and welcome, RL2011!</p>