Which honors housing dorm should my son choose

<p>Wish we paid more attention to the honors housing dorm choices when we first visited.
Can anyone rank the honors housing dorms from most desirable to least desirable and why.</p>

<p>I don’t think that’s possible. there aren’t any that are “least desirable” or anything like that.</p>

<p>some might prefer Ridgecrest South NT because it’s the newest and many frosh choose it. But that doesn’t mean that there’s anything wrong with the others.</p>

<p>Some might say that Riverside North is further away, but I don’t know if it really is. I guess it would depend on your major. </p>

<p>They’re all very nice. :)</p>

<p>You can choose the one closer to your classes or closer to the Lakeside dining hall.</p>

<p>If baking cookies or reheating frozen pizzas is important to your son, Riverside does not have ovens in the communal kitchens; the other honors dorms do. This was a consideration for my D, so I thought I’d mention it.</p>

<p>Just to clarify- the Riverside dorms do have ovens, or at least North does where I live. </p>

<p>To the original post- honestly it makes no difference. I’ve lived in dorms all 3 years first in Ridgecrest and now in Riverside and its irrelevant for the most part. Ridgecrest did have a basketball court which was nice but you had to deal with idiots breaking exit signs and pulling fire alarms every weekend. Riverside is really quiet and laid back. Lakeside is more like Riverside.</p>

<p>Yes, Riverside and Lakeside (honors) are more laid back.</p>

<p>Yes, Ridgecrest S did have some issues with some breakage and fire alarms, so the school installed more cameras in halls and such. I imagine that has stopped some nonsense.</p>