which is better?

<p>CALS or L&S? which school is better?</p>

<p>??? One if for Ag and the other liberal arts. Some sciences are in both but neither is better. Ag has some great depts and so does L&S.</p>

<p>which is harder to get into? Do you apply for schools on the app?</p>

<p>If you're doing premed, CALS. Your closer relationship with advisors will translate to good recs.</p>

<p>What Barrons says. The question is really meaningless. The department is the main concern, not the college. </p>

<p>As a footnote to nothing, the Dean of L and S, Gary Sandefur, is a really nice guy. I haven't worked with the Dean of CALS so I can't say anything about her.</p>

<p>You get admitted to the whole university, not any one part of it. Premeds- you can get to know professors in the Honors program of L&S well, I presume you would qualify and want the extra knowledge and edge those courses provide; don't go for the "it will help me get into medical school" mentality, go for the best undergraduate education you can get. The work hard to learn most attitude will serve you best in making it through the rigors of later schooling. You can develop close relationships in any department, you make the effort. End of sermon from a physician/UW Honors grad.</p>