Which major is better for me?

<p>Hi, I am still deciding if stay in the BIMS program or change to microbiology. The Biomedical sciences major sounds really great because I want to do research in the fields of medicine but don't want to be a doctor, but I've heard that that major is pretty much useless, and that I will definitely need to do graduate school. That's why I a considering microbiology and doing all the medical electives of it. Microbiology would be a more useful major if I don't decide to pursue a masters degree. So, what I would like is opinions about this, is the BIMS major so useless and just a way to cover the requirements for med school?
Thanks</p>

<p>Bump… I really need some opinions</p>

<p>Email reply:
“BIMS credits are research credits and BIMS credits are only given to students who are BIMS majors. However, depending on your major you could get credit for research in your own departmental area or major as each major has 485 and 491 credits that their students get so research credits can be earned with a variety of majors, not just BIMS. Check with the major you have been admitted to in order to find out their policies on research credits…<br>
…Again you do not have to be BIMS to do research credits and your college may be OK with you research with a CVM professor.”</p>