Which of my classes will satisfy the G requirement?

<p>UC A-G requirements + a bunch of other questions D:</p>

<p>Hi I’m new. If this isn’t in the right section of the forum, please move it. And if you can answer my questions throughout the page, I’ll be so grateful! (There’s plenty.) I apologize in advance if this is hard to follow. It is quite “wordy” …</p>

<p>So basically my main goal is to find out ‘what can I use to satisfy the G requirement?’ And if more than one course I took qualifies for a G requirement, should I list them all in the G requirement category just in case? </p>

<p>All the courses, except the ones with the asterisks (*), are from a California high school … then I moved out of state, and that’s why I don’t know which classes are UC approved now. I feel this move put me at a disadvantage :confused: Oh, I listed the grades just in case, but I don’t know if it was necessary.</p>

<p>**History & Social Sciences <a href=“A%20requirement”>/b</a>
World Geography Acc A+/A+
AP World History A/A+
AP US History B/B+
*IB Honors Anthropology [prog/planned]</p>

<p>**English<a href=“B%20requirement”>/b</a>
English 9 Acc A+/A+
English 10 Acc A+/A+
AP English Language A/A (scored a 3 on AP exam)
*AP English Literature [prog/planned]
On the UC Subject Requirement site, it says that a score of 3 or higher on the AP exams will fulfill the requirement, so does that mean I didn’t really need a 4th year of English? So does that mean I can use AP English Literature to fulfill the G requirement?)</p>

<p>**Mathematics<a href=“C%20requirement”>/b</a>
(8th grade) Algebra B?/B
Geometry A+/A+
Intermediate Alg A/A
Honors Math Analysis A/A+
*IB Math SL (first semester) [prog]
*IB Math Studies (2nd semester) [planned]
-SAT Subject Test: “Mathematics Level 2: Score of 480 satisfies entire requirement.” (I scored higher than a 480, so does that mean I didn’t really need a math course my senior year? I currently have a pretty bad grade in IB Math SL, will colleges overlook that, seeing that I’ve taken all the needed math courses with acceptable grades, and I took the Math 2 Subject test?)</p>

<p>**Lab Science<a href=“D%20requirement”>/b</a>
Biology A+/A+
Honors Chemistry A+/A+
Honors Physics B-/A-
*Human Anatomy [prog]
*Environmental Science [prog]
-Are Human Anatomy & Environmental Science lab sciences? Should I even list them here? Or can they fulfill the G requirement?</p>

<p>**Language Other Than English<a href=“E%20requirement”>/b</a>
Spanish ½ A-/A-
Spanish ¾ A-/A</p>

<p>**Visual & Performing Arts<a href=“F%20requirement”>/b</a>
Beginning Art A/A</p>

<p>**College-Prepatory Elective<a href=“G%20requirement!”>/b</a>

• What can I put here?!
    I can’t put geography since I took that my freshman year, so can I put IB Honors Anthro even though I am taking that in a school that is not in California and therefore there is no evidence that it is UC-approved?
    On the UC Subject Requirement website it says that ‘Subject Tests: Mathematics Level 2: Score of 520” fulfill the requirement.
    Or can my score of 530 (it’s a poor score, I know, but I think it fits the requirement) satisfy the requirement? I’ve never heard of the SAT Subject Tests fulfilling this requirement until today. Have you ever used it? </p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>

No, you still need a 4th year of English to fulfill the A-G requirements. The score of 3 or higher refers to the entry-level writing requirement which is a GE requirement and has nothing to do with admissions or with your A-G requirements. It means you won’t have to take remedial writing courses at a UC when/if you are accepted.

Same as above. It has nothing to do with your A-G requirements. If your A-G requirements are met, you do not need another math class. Whether a college will “overlook” a bad grade in a math class depends on how competetive the campus and the rest of your profile.

Um, do they have lab work? If so, then they are lab sciences. (Most likely yes, they are lab sciences.)

You can put any class that would fit in any A-G category that is in excess of the minumum required for that category. Out of state students do not have UC-approved course lists, so you do not have to have UC-approved courses here. So yes, your Anthro class fits nicely there.</p>

<p>Re: Your question about using SAT to satisfy requirements: There is a path to admission called “Eligiblity by Examination Only,” where applicants can become eligible to apply with high test scores. To be honest, at the most competetive UC campuses successful applicants will have both A-G requirements AND high enough test scores for Eligibilty by Examination. The test scores alone are most useful for homeschooled students. [UC</a> Admissions](<a href=“http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/paths_to_adm/freshman/exam_eligibility.html]UC”>http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/paths_to_adm/freshman/exam_eligibility.html)</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>