Which state she comes under? Can you please answer

My Daughter studying in RI private school, but we live in Massachusetts. When she applies for college, which state she comes under? Can you please answer

Mass

That’s her residence. School is just a current address.

3 Likes

I would assume that her permanent residence is Massachusetts. My daughter has been in college out of state for over 4 years but is still considered a resident of our home state.

Mass.

But her application will be ready by the AO that handles RI.

And if she boards at the RI school and NMF is in the cards, the cutoffs are based in the cutoff for the highest state in the region, which is usually MA.

6 Likes

Deleted.

Couple of families renting apartments in RI, even though they have house in MA.

Do they get any advantage when their kids apply for college?

Not really. One northeastern state is much like another when it comes to geographic diversity. I don’t think those families are renting apartments in order to help with college admissions.

No.

What kid of advantage do you think they would get? They are instate for college residents of the state where their parents reside…not where there is a rented apartment for the purpose of attending secondary school.

Unless you are talking about Texas where it might be possible to own property and get instate status. But you asked this a couple of years ago.

NOTE this response was about TEXAS only.

Jack2021

Apr 2021 thread-for-bsmd-2020-2021-applicants-part 2

Do we have to keep property empty or can we rent out?

1 Reply

grtd2010
You can live yourself or rent it. You have to be the owner.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.