Which summer activity for junior interested in business?

Can anyone help me with pros and cons between fordham, U pitt, syracuse without considering costs ? This is for business. My daughter is A/B student.

Either activity is fine, she should pick the one she likes the most.

There is nothing per se wrong with doing activities that cost money
colleges do not look down on those. Many worthwhile programs cost money. That does not mean though that they offer an advantage in college admissions, for example, programs that are taken through a college or on its campus are unlikely to move the needle in admissions.

1 Like

See my above post.

The pay to play for S21 was at Syracuse. S20 visited and toured for business but didn’t apply. Too remote.

All the schools on your list are good. No bad choices. All are different enough that I think your D would know pretty quickly which environment she prefers. Go for visits if you can.

If she likes NYC and a smaller campus then Fordham. If she likes urban but a defined campus with more students and sports then Pitt. Syracuse would be similar to Pitt but smaller city and more remote.

1 Like

Thank you. Which one did your son pick eventually? What major is he doing?

He’s at Georgia Tech. Started business but transferred to Industrial Engineering after first semester. Funny how he ended up at the school and major I thought he should pursue before we started looking at schools. What does dad know?

A little more merit from Fordham and it would’ve been close. Not sure which one he would’ve picked.

1 Like