Which UC for a girl who likes small/medium sized schools?

<p>I know, I know. UC Merced. but that’s TOO small for me. And the school is just too new and doesn’t have the reputation I want in a school. </p>

<p>I love the chill environment of UCSB, but I don’t like drunk loud people lol. </p>

<p>UCLA is a fantastic school, I know, but it’s WAY to big for me. 37,000?! I get lost in my high school population of 4,000, lol. </p>

<p>any recommendations? Most of the schools I’m looking at have around 5000-8000 undergrads and have small class sizes. Is it impossible to find this at a UC (referring to the small class sizes)?</p>

<p>yes, its impossible to find a UC that small.</p>

<p>i didn't mean a school that has 5000-8000 undergrads. i know that. i meant is there any UC that focuses more on undergrads and actually has a decent student to facility ratio?</p>

<p>mm, im not really thinking so, they are public education lol</p>

<p>howeverrr, you can do some research and look into honors programs at each uc..i know ucsb has an honor system that you are selected into when they go through applications that allows you certain advantages, like early signup times and one unit honor seminars that couple with your regular classes that meet, and have a small ratio and are supportive for the class that you are enrolled in. at ucsd similar things occur, depending on which college youre selected into their honors programs vary but also give you privilages of taking smaller classes, or smaller classes with the aim of creating good relationships with faculty and prominent professors..each college has different requirements for honors title though</p>

<p>it would be worth your time to look into that see which campuses have what honor programsl, their benefits, and requirements (to see if you think you may get in)..often you are allowed into smaller classes like that that other students arent allowed into</p>

<p>The UCs aren't small and are research institutions, so it is going to be hard to find the faculty ratio and the focus on undergraduate education at any of them. However, you might get some of the small to medium size feeling at San Diego or Santa Cruz, both of which have a college system.</p>