Which UC schools can I get into?

<p>Just wondering…</p>

<p>I have a 4.0 weighted GPA (soph - jun). I scored a 1900 on the SAT’s - 680 English 620 Math 600 Writing. I received a 700 on SAT 2 Biology, and a 620 on SAT 2 Math. I have around 80 hours of community service. I have taken AP European History, AP Biology, AP Art History, and AP English Language and Composition. I received 5’s on Bio and English, and a 4 in Art History and a 2 in Euro(:(). I am involved in the CSF club on campus and Key Club.</p>

<p>For my senior year, I am taking a full 7 classes, and 3 AP classes: Calculus, Psychology, and Government. </p>

<p>Any help would be really appreciated. I think my #1 choice is either Irvine or San Diego (SD probably a big reach though). But I would like to know which campuses I have a good shot at getting into? I’m not too sure anymore with all the budgets cuts and everything.</p>

<p>I’m not one to do these “chance” threads really, but it sounds like you’d have a good chance at UCI or UCSD if you wanted them. You don’t have to report that 2 you got on the AP Euro test either.</p>

<p>UCI’s admissions have been a little erratic lately. I’ve seen people with seemingly high marks get turned down while some, with lower scores, are accepted. I’m not sure what’s going on there. UCSD is a less subjective though, since they have some sort of point system for their admissions.</p>

<p>I would be amazed if you didn’t get into UCSD. Your numbers are more impressive than mine and I got in. So outside of Berkeley and UCLA you should have no trouble. As far as Berkeley and UCLA, I don’t know but I like your chances.</p>

<p>lol</p>

<p>dang</p>

<p>from most people i talk to, they say that due to budget cuts i can only get into UCR, UCM, UCSC, or possibly UCSB or UCI. are you guys serious about this UCSD thing? if so, I’m elated. i’ve been told my chances were slim to none, to have a little hope (even if I don’t get in) makes me feel much much much better.</p>

<p>[UCSD</a> Freshman Comprehensive Review Process (Dec 2004)](<a href=“Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos”>Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos)</p>

<p>that’s older but the points are accurate, though the cutoff has gone up.</p>

<p>Don’t listen to anyone’s ‘chances’ at UCSD unless they go over your points and justify where they figure the cutoff/you’ll be at!</p>

<p>Good luck,
CP</p>

<p>Sd has some weird cut off thing so does UCI but not as bad . You should start working on the essay right now although its a smal part of the app it can ,make or break admission</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Your numbers are definitely better than mine and I got into UCD, UCI, UCSB, UCSC, and UCSD. So by using that logic I would assume you would get into those places too. Also, what is your class rank? If you’re top 4% you’ll be what’s called ELC and that nearly guarantees you in every place I mentioned.</p>

<p>im not in the top 4%, but I’m in the top 5 though (not sure if that means anything). i’m kinda borderline so that really sucks.</p>

<p>anyways, when did you apply? because i heard it’s gotten harder due to the economy. it’s cool though, because i never thought UCSD was a realistic option. im mainly just hoping i can get into UCI, which i think my stats are a bit iffy on. UCSB or UCD wouldn’t be bad either. what are my chances of getting into those three? just wondering, and thanks for the responses :)</p>

<p>^You apply between Nov 1st-Nov 30th. Now I’m not making any guarantees here, but this is how I see it for you.</p>

<p>Davis: Almost certain
Irvine: Almost certain
SB: Almost certain
SD: Great chance</p>

<p>Davis, Irvine, and San Diego are all fantastic choices. I never got the chance to visit Santa Barbara so I don’t know much about it. My advice is to visit all of the places and consider these two very important things. Is this university strong in my desired major(s)? Is this a place that I will feel comfortable to live in for 4 years? Obviously there are other factors but those were my two most important ones.</p>

<p>I had very similar stats to yours and I got into UCSD. Do another 20 hours of community service though, otherwise you won’t get points for those at the UCs that do the comprehensive review…</p>

<p>I’m not sure about Davis, since it seems like it was a bit of a crapshoot this year, it’s hard to predict what it will be like next year…</p>

<p>Santa Barbara you’ll get into for sure.</p>