Which UC should i choose if im doing premed

<p>UCI with regents (9K per year)
UCLA - i was invited for regents and waiting for result ( if i get it 5500 per year)
Berkeley- already did my regents interview and waiting for result (1k per year)
UCSD- invited for “scholars day” and most likely going to get regents/ chancellor
(5k a year)
USC- deans scholar 8,500 per year
i live in so cal and i want to know which school will benefit me the most
also is it true that if you go to undergrad school, it will be unlikely you will get in the same med school.
like: if you go to ucla, it is unlikely you will get in ucla med</p>

<p>UCSD regents is 2k a year.</p>

<p>Your undergrad university plays no role in admission to its med school.
Go to wherever you feel is the best fit.</p>

<p>Choose where you can pull the highest pre-requisite GPA.</p>

<p>for ucsd- 2k for regents and 5k for chancellor</p>

<p>meh the highest number of people that get into UCLA Griffen med school is from UCR. </p>

<p>if u want to do premed and you REALLY should have applied here (luckily its ucr so if it becomes an option in your mind you might be able to try and get in late)</p>

<p>info:
<a href="http://biomed.ucr.edu/content/view/25/49/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://biomed.ucr.edu/content/view/25/49/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>
[quote]
meh the highest number of people that get into UCLA Griffen med school is from UCR.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Source? BTW, it's the Geffen Medical School.</p>

<p>i heard of that program, but its quite cut throat.<br>
so the suggestion is: to choose the best fit college and one that can get you a good gpa + research opportunity?</p>

<p>lol surprised i made that mistake, I just read a chapter of Berserk which would explain it. </p>

<p>and yes the program is very cut throat. However, if you are not willing to put forth the effort, do you really plan on getting into a good medical school by going elsewhere instead?</p>

<p>please dont question my effort. the problem is that i never applied to riverside so dont immediately assume that i didnt apply because im lazy
i didnt even know the program existed at the time.</p>

<p>It's not always a good idea to choose the most cutthroat program if you don't have to do so. On the other hand, madamebovary, don't assume that people are questioning your effort. It's just that many of us have more experience with what's involved-- we know how many people end up dropping out of the process.</p>

<p>Yeah I am not assuming that, I was just responding to the cut throat comment. On another note, since it is UCR you could probably get your app forewarded to them, seeing as how at some point they always go around searching anyways. Although if you cannot get a Regents that way it probably wouldnt be worth it.</p>

<p>My biggest reservation with the UCR plan is the fact that if the student decides halfway through that she doesn't enjoy the program, she's stuck with a UCR degree instead of what might have been a Cal or UCLA degree instead.</p>

<p>Not that UCR is BAD. It's just not going to offer the same opportunities as UCLA or Cal.</p>

<p>I agree with what u are saying, but if you wish to change 1/2 way through the transfer application could be your friend, as long as your GPA isnt F'd up. But if you have any doubt that you might not want to go into med, then i would probably advise against it. It is a complete raper of souls.</p>

<p>for premed, it doesn't really matter because what matters the most is your GPA, MCAT and ECs.</p>

<p>I would pick the one that gives you the most money cause you'll need to save a lot of money for med school</p>

<p>my final result is this:
Berkeley Regents: 1000 a year
UCLA Regents: 5500 a year
UCSD Regents: 2000 a year
UCI Regents: 9000 a year
USC Deans: about 9000 a year</p>