Which UC should I choose?

<p>I’ve gotten into UCSD, UCLA, Berkeley, and UCSB. I got Regents at SB, which is a huge plus with priority registration. I’m planning on majoring in communications. I’m a California resident (halfway between LA and San Diego) so tuition isn’t horrible for any of them. I know Berkeley is technically most prestigious, but I’m afraid it’ll be academically too much for me, and maybe I wouldn’t fit in without a hardcore science major like most others. I guess it’s like that at most schools though. So, thoughts? Any and all insight is much appreciated</p>

<p>It is really a personal preference thing. Of them all, I like UCSB best for the experience, but did end up transferring to UCLA after my second year when I decided to not after all write the Great American Novel, and go to law school instead (I wanted the break on my record of near straight Bs, and was afraid it would be hard to get straight As I needed while continuing to live in my sorority house at UCSB.) I still look back on UCSB as my ‘real’ college experience, but UCLA is obviously a great school. I toured Berkeley with my sons this past year, and you know its reputation, I can’t really add to that. I was a little concerned about the hypercompetitive reputation, but I can’t speak to its accuracy. I don’t know much about UCSD.</p>

<p>Competition varies more with major than campus. Don’t worry about science majors. You’ll mostly know humanities majors as a communications major. I’m a fan of UCLA, but what do I know haha.</p>