Which UC should I choose?

<p>I am trying to decide between UC Berkeley and UC Davis. I was accepted to both and will major in Microbiology. I also plan on going to medical school afterward, so I don’t know whether I should go to Berkeley for the prestige, or go to Davis to have a better chance at a better GPA (unless I am mistaken in my assumption of the difference in difficulty between the two schools). </p>

<p>I also heard that Davis offers more laboratory courses in Microbiology and more internship opportunities. Can anyone tell me whether or not this statement is correct?</p>

<p>Lastly, I am weighing the financial aspect. Does one university offer more financial aid than the other?</p>

<p>First of all, congratulations!</p>

<p>Ok now, I know Berkeley premed is brutal. The percentage of premeds who are accepted to med school is low. However, if you are really good at the sciences and think you can be in the top of the class Berkeley’s education is better than Davis’s. Davis is easier than Berkeley for sure.</p>

<p>That being said, both have excellent science programs.</p>

<p>I’d go where YOU feel most comfortable. After all, you’re going to be there for four years studying your butt off for medical school. I heard of some pretty crazy stories at Berkeley how pre-med competition is cut-throat deep and it ruined a lot of peoples’ GPA. Not as many stories from UCD. lol.</p>