Which UCs can I excel at for medical school?

I want to go to a UC for my pre med but I don’t want it to be an institution which is mentally and emotionally draining, where I spend all my time in a dorm room in front of a desk doing homework or studying for tests. I want to go to a UC where I can get good grades for medical school, have ample time to study for the MCAT, AND have time to mingle and explore the campus and the city/town around the school. Might be too much to ask?

Is there anywhere where I can do this?

There is no “pre-med” major at any UC, so your workload is going to depend in part on what major you choose. You do not have to be a science major to apply for med school; med school applicants come from all sorts of educational backgrounds. If you are still focused on a UC, the best one for you depends on your high school GPA and test scores. Also be sure to look at the COA to be sure that wherever you apply is affordable.

Would not advise doing pre-med at a UC, especially the higher rated ones (Berkeley, UCLA) where your GPA could potentially take a big hit.

Irvine and Riverside might be less stressful UCs compared to Berkeley, UCLA, or UCSD.

@Hamurtle I thought the same. I am applying to all the UCs except Berkeley and Merced. I wish to go to Irvine, Davis, or San Diego.