Which UC's can I expect the fat envelopes from?

<p>which UC’s can I expect the fat envelopes from? (I heard that thick envelopes=accept, thin ones=reject)
Out of State,
3.8-3.9 UC GPA
2010 SAT I
800 math 2c, 700 chem
4 ECs
50-100 community service hrs.
9 IB Classes but no diploma</p>

<p>and i'm applying chem engineering btw</p>

<p>No envelopes sorry, even with your record.</p>

<p>b u m p</p>

<p>None. It's always thin.</p>

<p>let me rephrase the question "which UCs will accept me?"</p>

<p>at UCLA and UCB avg. GPA admit is 4++. I don't know a whole lot about SAT scores (I never took them), but if those are good it'd say you might get a fat envelope. every other UC is probably a definite fat envelope. but, i'm not exactly an expert on these things</p>

<p>out of state + slightly low gpa + chemical engineering = slim chances at Berkeley, UCLA, and perhaps UCSD</p>

<p>..most likely acceptance at UCM, UCR, UCSC, UCSB</p>

<p>UC's (especially the tier 1's) subtract points for being an out of state applicant......sad but true.....</p>

<p>so UCB, UCLA, UCSD are out of the question, but the other ones are good possibility? (doesn't matter anyway cuz I only applied to UCLA and UCSD)</p>

<p>@mrxalleycat</p>

<p>D:</p>

<p>What do you mean by subtracting points?</p>

<p>in merced, riverside, santa cruz… maybe davis, irvine and sb.</p>

<p>uc’s are really hard to get into nowadays…But I think you might have a slim chance to get into UCI. One of my friend only got into UCR, UCSC, and UCM with 4.0 gpa and 2100 SAT scores. I thought he would get into UCSb. I don’t know why but a lot of UC schools are hard to get in.</p>

<p>^A lot of UC’s simply can’t admit the same percent of students thay have traditionally. Becasue of the recession, more students are switching from applying to private schools, where they would have to pay the whole tuition and r&b, to public schools, where they have a more competitive shot at scholarships (and in California, Cal grants). Thus, a lot of the 4.0+ students that would have normally gone to a private are going to a UC and what under normally non-economic crisis status would have been good enough to get into a UC no longer holds true…</p>

<p>You do you realize that this thread is sold that the person who made it has probably already graduated from undergrad.</p>

<p>Presumably from Oregon State.</p>

<p>hey, good observation… although some responses were just to questions asked in recent days…</p>