Which UCs look at overall GPA only?

<p>I’ve been told that UCs besides UCLA and UCB look at GPA only - disregarding the courseload, individual grades, etc. Is this true?</p>

<p>No it is not true. Strength of schedule is one factor in admissions. More a-g courses means more admissions points at SD and Davis, for example.</p>

<p>The do look at whether you’ve taken APs, satisfied A-G reqs, etc., and you’re given essays and a spot on the app to state difficulties. Also, “Rigor of senior year schedule” is included on the comprehensive review flyers the point-driven UCs have been passing out this year; I haven’t seen that before, so it might be a new way to earn points.</p>

<p>Still, the UCD freshman applicant site says here: [UC</a> Davis: Admission Criteria](<a href=“http://admissions.ucdavis.edu/admissions/fr_selection_process.cfm]UC”>Freshman Application Tips | UC Davis) that “some criteria (e.g. GPA and test scores) are evaluated electronically”. For admittedly no real reason, I assume the other point driven campuses do that too.</p>