Which UC's should i apply to?

<p>I am currently a senior living in San Diego and would like to know which UC’s I should apply to. My Uncapped GPA is a 3.5 and a 3.2 unweighted (I slacked off freshman and the beginning of sophomore year). I have taken challenging courses throughout high school and from sophomore year to now I have taken four AP classes and am currently taking four AP classes. Of the four AP exams I have taken, I passed the AP U.S. History exam. My SAT score is a 1460 out of 2400 and my ACT composite score is a 22 (I am retaking both in October because I know my scores aren’t the best). I am involved in 2 student mentor programs for under classmen, Debate Club, Earth Club, AP Biology Club, AP Calculus club, Prom Committee, Latin club, and Animal Awareness club. I run Track and will compete in Cross Country this year, and have 100+ community service hours. I also have a part time job at a restaurant. My senior year courses are: AP Calculus, AP Government, AP Spanish Language, AP English Literature, AVID Peer Tutoring and AVID. I am looking to major in Biology.</p>

<p>Truthfully, maybe Riverside and Merced. Your SAT Scores and GPA. are not competitive for the UCs. You might just qualify for cal state San Marcos and Bakersfield. There is no affirmative action on the UC campuses, so your URM status won’t help. It’s all about test scores and GPA.</p>

<p>OP, what is your GPA for your sophomore and junior years? The freshman year isn’t calculated into the GPA for UC purposes. </p>

<p>You might be selling yourself short. (though the SAT/ACT will need to go up)</p>

<p>We can give you a better idea after you recalculate the GPA.</p>

<p>You might want to consider CSUs as well, though you may well be admitted to some UCs.</p>

<p>I just calculated it on the website and it was a 3.52. I will also consider CSUs but I just want to see which UCs I should apply to. Which do you think?</p>

<p>I think you have good shots at Merced, Riverside, and Santa Cruz. I would apply to these, plus some CSUs. If you want a reach UC, maybe Irvine. </p>

<p>This assumes that you will raise your SAT score.</p>

<p>Though there is no affirmative action at the UCs, they do take essays into account. They are more wholistic in their admissions than the CSUs, which go by a GPA/SAT formula. </p>