Whitte vs. Sellery

<p>Hello folks,</p>

<p>I have decided to put these two dorms 1,2 on my dorm picks, but I cannot find a significant difference between them. Currently I have Sellery as #1, but could change it easily. I have done a campus visit and have seen them, but didn't really notice much. It seems they are architecturally identical and on opposite sides of the Gordon commons and that's what I saw haha. Is there any difference between students at either? (I'm sure it changes year to year) Is Sellery maybe a bit closer to center of campus?</p>

<p>So ya, if anyone could tell me something that distinguishes the two I'd appreciate it :) </p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>From from we could tell on our visit, there really isn't much difference other than that Sellery is a touch closer to some of the classroom buildings. </p>

<p>I will be interested to hear what others say as my DS has Sellery and Witte as his #1 and #2.</p>

<p>Don't worry about the choices. You have made the major choices and can always agonize over the minute ones. The important thing is to not look back and second guess your choices when you are there. Remember there are pros and cons to every dorm- the seconds saved in getting to Gordo...</p>

<p>The dorms are virtually identical, both rely on Gordon Commons for their meals and the distance between them is incidental. I am an alumni who lived in Sellery in the late 1970s and my daughter is a sophomore who lived in Witte last year. When I lived there the SE dorms (Sellery/Witte) were not as interesting as Lakeshore to live in. Now with the Kohl Center and the SE Recreation Center (SERF) nearby as well as the Business and L&S classes it is a great central place. If you are engineering or in the sciences consider Lakeshore Dorms...less walking. Another interesting thing to consider, while Witte/Sellery are older buildings than the New Ogg (same neighborhood) they tend to foster more community spirit. Just my D's opinion.</p>