Whittier Early Action for Fall 2023

Please share here when you find out your admission status

My daughter submitted just before the 11/15 deadline. Hasn’t been very long but she heard back from 3 of 4 schools she applied to on 11/1 and one she applied to on 11/15 already.

1 Like

Wow, that’s great! No responses here yet at all!

She also had another acceptance today, Portland St. She has done a great job hitting all the EA deadlines and just has one application left (Gonzaga).
Applying early really takes some pressure off. I think anyone who applied EA to Whittier should hear back in the next two weeks.

From what I read, Whittier EA decision will not be until mid January.

1 Like

May I ask where you heard that?

There is a post from last year on CC saying EA decisions were 12/20, Prep Scholar says 12/31 and Whittier’s website says 1/15 so I am going by Whittier’s website.
Hopefully they give a merit aid decision at the same time.

Anyone hear anything today?

Maybe Whittier website (1/15) is correct and CC is wrong?

My D was admitted but nothing about merit. Guess they mail that? They took quite a long time on the decision, would have thought merit would be listed? Also could be there is another tab my D did not check and/or notice. Anyone else?

My student was also accepted and also has not heard about aid yet.

Thank you for the feedback and congrats to your child!

Admitted. Anyone know when scholarship awards are announced?

Financial aid letter, including scholarship info, received today (email)

1 Like

I got an e mail as well but my D needs to check the portal.

Wow, nice merit award of $33k per for my D. Think it is out of the running but cost akin to public’s in WA.

1 Like

A Financial aid rep from another college claims Whittier is in financial difficulty. Credit rating is not stellar but that seemed to be extreme. Anyone else hear that? Just curious as the comment was not expected.