Who in Honors Dept to contact for campus tour?

<p>Hubby is taking DD3 back to UA getting there August 9th as she is one of the leaders of Alabama Action and needs to be there by August 11. They are driving in order to bring Kari her car to campus. </p>

<p>Rising senior son will also be going along since he qualifies for Out of State full- tuition Presidential scholarship (1480 sat, 3.87 unweighted/4.13 weighted GPA). </p>

<p>I hear Jami Gates is no longer in the same department . . so who do I contact in the Honors Dept to arrange a personalized morning campus tour for son for Thursday Aug 10? Right now, son is set on (hopefully) attending UCLA where DD2 attends, but I want son to take a closer look at UA too, esp with the Presidential Scholarship he will be offered.</p>

<p>For a VIP campus tour arranged through the Honors College, I would recommend contacting Allison Verhine.</p>

<p>Allison Verhine
Associate Coordinator
269 Nott Hall
205-348-5534
<a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a>
</p>

<p>Also, you can always call the Honors College directly at (205) 348-5500 and they will give your son’s information to Allison or one of her assistant(s).</p>

<p>Yes, send an email to Alison (she’s replaced Jami, and she’s very good, too.)</p>

<p>In the email give full contact info</p>

<p>Son’s stats</p>

<p>Son’s major interest</p>

<p>anything else that interests your son</p>

<p>I had no luck at all when I contacted the honors college for a tour in late January.(This may have been when Ms. Gates was transitioning to a new dept.) I ended up contacting our regional rep who arranged an awesome VIP tour which included the honors college.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>I don’t know what happened then. </p>

<p>I have found that Allison is super good about responding to emails and phone calls.</p>

<p>Jami was having some problems with email going to her SPAM folder., so that may have been the issue.</p>

<p>Anyway…if Allison doesn’t respond (sometimes emails get buried!), then do call her! And leave a message on her service if necessary.</p>

<p>Allison Verhine
Coordinator (she’s now the coordinator!!)
269 Nott Hall
205-348-5534
<a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a></p>