Who is applying ED or EA this year?

<p>This Colorado College forum has been pretty quiet this past 6 or 7 months. My S is only a Junior but will definitely be applying either EA or ED next year. I was just wondering why you decided to apply to CC and if you visited. My S LOVES everything about the school. We live in CA so probably won't visit till next Fall so he can interview and sit in on a few classes. He is an extremely outdoorsy kid. Eagle Scout, rescue scuba diver, first responder, search and rescue team, rock climbs, mountain climbs, ice climbs etc. He also has 750 volunteer hours working on trail conservation throughout the US. He is unpretentious, intellectual, friendly and loves to get involved in everything. He just took his first SAT last weekend, but his PSAT is around 2100. His grades have been steadily rising, with almost all A's this past quarter.</p>

<p>If there are students at CC that sometimes check out this forum, I would love to hear what you like about CC, and if it was everything you thought it would be. Also, how is the block plan? It sound amazing to me. I was reading some of the student posts and I can't believe how many unbelievable things people are doing in their classes and on their block breaks.</p>

<p>I have noticed how quiet it is on the Colorado COllege thread.</p>

<p>Your son will thrive at CC.</p>

<p>My S is now a Senor at CC. Last year he took a class his 8th block that was held in Taipai. The round trip air was INCLUDED since the professor from CC who taught it had a very generous grant. My S was able to use the return ticket after he stayed in Asia for nearly a month traveling on his own. That made the non-CC trip a lot more affordable.</p>

<p>As a Senior with a double major, he has 3 blocks out of the 8 in which to do the two thesis, He believes that he will be in LA at Spring Break for a performance with the dance department. He has been extraordinarily active and engaged his entire time at CC.</p>

<p>It has been very quiet on the Colorado College thread the past several months. My oldest S is a junior and loves everything about the school…could not be happier. My next S is trying to decide between EA and ED2…with about 36 hours left for EA he doesnt have much time. First S applied RD. If ED1 is not an option does anyone have any thoughts on whether the admit rate for ED2 is less than that of EA and ED1.</p>

<p>My daughter is applying EA - she has had the application mostly done for weeks, just not quite happy with her “design your own class” essay. It is a great school, but not her first choice. She finally decided on her absolute first choice yesterday, so will be scurrying to do her ED there, since their deadline is also tomorrow, and she not dinished their supplement
:-)</p>

<p>I wasn’t aware that CC had ED 2 ??? I thought just EA and ED 1 and RD. Did they change it this year?</p>

<p>I believe they have offered it since at least 2008. The ED2 deadline is January 1. RD is January 15.</p>

<p>Well I’m applying ED… Getting my app out tonight!</p>

<p>I just applied ED was well! It’s going to be a long month…</p>

<p>i applied ea. can someone enlighten me about a rough average cc gpa? 32 on the act and a 3.5 here.</p>

<p>Hey, I just sent in my ED 1 application a few days back. Can anyone chance me? I got a 2040 in SAT (670 cr, 710 maths & 660 writing) and I have a 4.0 GPA( straight A’s in GCE A Levels). I am also ranked 1st out of 100 students in high school. What do you guys think about my chances of admission at CC?</p>

<p>BTW, im also applying for quite a hefty amount of Financial Aid.</p>

<p>A reply would be really appreciated. This month is surely gonna be real long.</p>

<p>Welcome new applicants!</p>

<p>The link below is to the Colorado College data sets for the freshman class of 2009-2010. It comes from the Colorado College website. It contains a lot of statistical information about a freshman’s profile. You might want to check it out. I seem to recall that it gives info on the percentage acceptance depending on how you apply (EA, ED or RD)</p>

<p>In summary, the middle 50% of the freshman class had SAT CR 620-710; Math 620-710; Writing 610-710.</p>

<p>For ACT, the middle 50% had Composite 28-31; Math 26-31 and English 28-33</p>

<p>Take note: the data set does not list GPA! That means that GPA is not considered AS SUCH. However, percentage rank in class IS listed. 63% were in the top 10% of their HS class. 87% were in the top 25% of their HS class. Therefore 24% were not in the top 10%, but were in the top 25%.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.coloradocollege.edu/dean/oir/documents/CDS2009_2010.xls[/url]”>http://www.coloradocollege.edu/dean/oir/documents/CDS2009_2010.xls&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I’ve checked this forum a few times and haven’t seen anything here. Good to know it’s at least slightly alive!
I’m applying EA (not ED only because I haven’t visited and I’m not sure how I feel about living in Colorado), and it’s one of my top choices, but I’d need a lot of aid to go. 2140 SAT, 4.27W, 3.93UW GPA, IB Diploma Candidate, Nat’l Merit Semifinalist. Crossing my fingers, as this is my dream school!</p>

<p>Does anyone know if they stick pretty strictly to the Dec 15th notification date, or if we could possibly know sooner?</p>

<p>Not sure about living in Colorado? Are you kidding? :)</p>

<p>Last year, the first wave of EA decisions came out in late December, with other waves following during January.</p>

<p>The website says mid December for ED, late December for EA
[Deadlines</a> | First-Year Applicants | Prospective Students](<a href=“http://www.coloradocollege.edu/admission/firstyear/deadlines.asp]Deadlines”>http://www.coloradocollege.edu/admission/firstyear/deadlines.asp)</p>

<p>Oh oops, must have been thinking of another school that sends out Dec 15th EA decisions. </p>

<p>And sunmachine, I’m used to relatively warm weather; not sure how I’d cope with the climate in Colorado Springs!</p>

<p>Do they ONLY mail the acceptance/ rejection letters or do they also notify us by email?</p>

<p>All decisions are sent through US Mail…unless they have changed anything. Up through last year at least, there is NO email notification of your decision.</p>

<p>ahhhh… it will probably reach Nepal sometime in January then… Do you think I should ask the CC Admissions office to send it by a faster service?? Maybe Fedex or a faster US Postal service option?? I could pay for it if it gets too expensive.</p>

<p>I don’t know about CC, but it is fairly common for adcoms to do something different for internationals. Don’t worry, you will hear!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Yes. Ask them. They will not hold it against you. All they can do is say yes or no. </p>

<p>I suggest that you make it clear that you are not asking that they send it earlier than they would, only that they send it by a method that will get it there in the same time that most other applicants would receive their notice.</p>