why did i not get in this is not fair help

<p>GPA Unweighted: 2.88 (Freshman year bad, sophomore good, junior okayish)
GPA Weighted: 2.97
Feb. 7th ACT: 29
Apr. 4th ACT: 27 (10 writing)
4-5 Years of all core subjects, including Spanish
Lots of Honors and AP Classes. Took several AP Exams. Will have 9 AP's upon graduation.</p>

<p>What major did you apply for? I guess they seem to look at transcripts more than SAT scores this year, americandream had a weak GPA but it was higher than yours and also was quite rigorous. His SAT’s weren’t that great but his transcript must’ve been the reason for him getting into FYE.</p>

<p>i applied to the college of science and i believe i also put down university studies why didnt i get into college of science</p>

<p>Your GPA is quite low. I’m pretty sure that’s the reason.</p>

<p>nicole, didnt u post this on uiuc forum too…?</p>

<p>and the wisconsin…</p>

<p>dont forget the michigan state one…</p>

<p>Look Nicole, there is a college for you out there, but competition is tough for the top institutions in the country. Keep trying you’ll find somewhere that fits, and don’t worry about the rejections. They’re a part of life.</p>

<p>obviously the gpa.
2.97 no brainer.</p>

<p>joshyo10, I actually had a 2.9 too when I applied but it was a 3.2 weighted. Was accepted quite fast also, but this was two years ago. Standards for Purdue def. went up recently.</p>

<p>Purdue’s standards have definitely risen over the past cople years. I know a kid that has a 3.2 that applied to Purdue and got rejected… but that was for pharmacy. </p>

<p>And they’ve gone leaps and bounds from when my father went there 30 years ago. Back then, if you were from Indiana, you were in.</p>