Why didn't I get into VT engineering?

<p>Regular decision applicant out of Richmond Metro Area (specifically Hanover County)
4.38 weighted GPA and 3.827 UW.
1240 SAT with a 670 Math. 670 Math 2 and 620 Math 1
First Semester of senior year: A in AP Physics B, B in AP Calc AB, A in AP Gov, A in IB Comp Sci, A in Dual Enrollment.
Last year: A in AP Bio, A in APES, B in Pre-IB Pre Calc
A in Adv Chem as a sophomore member of the Science Bowl Competition Team
Extacurriculars include NHS (2 years), National Latin Honor Society (3 years), Beta Club (2 years), and
volunteer in Guidance office (2 years).
Am a white male with no hook or family ties. Maybe the fact that I know of 6-7 accepted for engineering from my school</p>

<p>I would say your SAT is maybe low and you got a B in Calc and Precalc. My friend was deferred after applying for engineering because he got a B in Precalc last year. They ended up putting him in biology.</p>

<p>But the average last year was like a 680 for math so I’m not far off. And true about the math but I feel my sciences should be hard to top</p>

<p>Keep in mind that the average VT Math SAT is not the average Engineering Math SAT, which is higher. (mean is 690, with top 75% being at 730), For all Engineering majors, math continues through like DiffEq so it is math heavy. Also, AP Bio and AP EnSci are not big sellers for General Engineering. Here is a link to the data quoted above. Congrats on your acceptance to VT, even if not your first choice. (I am jealous)</p>