Why does Purdue attract many Asians?

<p>My D got accepted to Purdue FYE. We are Indian origin.
Browsing through CC posts, college visit and other other sites, I see Asians (Indian, Chinese, Korean) both International and domestic getting attracted to Purdue.</p>

<p>Just trying to understand the top 10 reasons..Why?</p>

<p>Starting with our interest: Their Ranking in Biological Engineering, Public university fee structure.</p>

<p>They always attracted A LOT of international students since the mid-1900’s I believe. Therefore they have always been international-student friendly.They have a great Engineering and good Business program which are the most popular amongst Asians really imho. Even have a great Pharmacy program which is very popular amongst Asians too. They spent a lot of money on research which has been recognized even in the international level. I think these are the main reasons to why they attract a high number of international students.</p>

<p>The school is known as being an engineering and science powerhouse–and with an excellent business program as well. All of these are majors which appeal to Asians.</p>

<p>Well considering Purdue Asian population is only about 5%…i’m not sure what you mean by so many asians…</p>

<p>When you actually go on campus you will see why. Anywhere you go, you will see A LOT of Asians… I’m Asian myself and I see Asians everywhere even though I hang out with my Caucasian friends…</p>

<p>Actually, there are a lot more Asian in grad school than undergrad. I think purdue is very open (and provides good funding) in accepting foreign students as ph.d. candidates. From what i can tell and to put things bluntly, coming out of freshman intro bio class are mostly white/americanized people who text while walking. But if you go on the public bus, 80%+ are people of indian decent.</p>

<p>If you go on the Gold Loop, it is 80%+ Indian descent since it goes to Purdue Village and thats where they all live along with the Chinese students. If you go on any other loop like Tower Acres and Silver, there are not really that many Asians. There are quite a lot of grad school students who are Asian also, but I personally feel there are more undergrads.</p>

<p>There are lots of Asians at Purdue, I have to agree. But they’re attracted to Purdue for the same reasons that other people would: Engineering and Pharmacy. I’d say the Asian population is greater in at grad school level. I visited one of the labs, and everyone working in there was Asian. But I think the majority of the Purdue students are caucasians.</p>

<p>hey im korean and i just got accepted!
i’m a law and society major</p>