Why don't colleges tell you when you have been rejected

So I applied to Texas A&M to the Civil Engineering program as my first choice major and I just picked a random major which was electrical engineering. I thought that I did not have to change that second choice because it said “Note: Your major may change as a normal part of the admissions review process.”

So I just checked my application after a month and my first major of choice changed from Civil Engineering to Electrical Engineering and it is also my 2nd choice.

I was thinking maybe my second choice major has not gotten to me yet to reject me too but are they not in the same college?

You can check with the college to confirm meaning, but what appears to have occurred is that you have been turned down for CivilE but are still being considered for EE. You have not received a more definite rejection than what is currently shown because you have not actually been rejected yet for admission to the university.

@rodzstephanie214 are you a freshman or transfer?

Transfer. An incoming freshman majors would not change because the major they put is irrelevant due to general engineering pool for fish.

I am a transfer student from a DCCCD community college

Each specific major evaluates the applicant for that major. As AggieMomhelp says, it looks like Civil turned you down and sent your application over to electrical, which you put as your second choice major. Now you await a decision from them.