Why is it like?

<p>Hello all,
I was admitted I to TAMU about a week ago with my intended major as petroleum engineering. I am super stoked about this. I was wondering if anybody has either gone through this engineering program, is going through it, or knows anybody that is going through it could give me some insight on it. Also, what is TAMU like? I live in GA and have never even seen the campus. I am planning to visit soon. Overalls, I really just want to know what you like or dislike about this school. It's my top choice as of right now. Any insight is greatly appreciated! Thank you :)</p>

<p>Howdy Trout! Congratulations! You should be very proud of getting accepted - A&M is an awesome place. The engineering school is outstanding. The school overall is an amazing experience. It is full of many traditions. I encourage you to visit soon. Gig 'em!</p>

<p>Facts
Opened in 1876 as the state’s first public institution of higher learning and has awarded more than 335,000 degrees.
10 colleges offer over 120 undergraduate degrees, 240 master’s and doctoral degrees, and the DVM.
Has centers in Italy, Costa Rica, and Mexico City.
The Corps of Cadets, with nearly 1,900 members, is the nation’s largest outside those at the service academies.
Enrolls more than 4,500 international students from about 120 countries and sends more than 1,200 students on Study Abroad programs each year.
Annual student financial aid awarded is about $448 million. 79% of students receive financial aid.
One of every four freshmen is a first-generation college student.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does “A&M” stand for?
In 1876, Texas A&M opened as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas. The “A&M” representation was incorporated into the official name when the institution gained university status in 1963, but the individual letters no longer explicitly stand for anything.
What is an Aggie?
The term Aggie has been used to describe a student at Texas A&M since the 1920s. It took root as the official student body nickname in 1949 when the yearbook changed its name to Aggieland.
What is the 12th Man?
The 12th man is the entire student body — past and present. The tradition sprung from the selfless gesture of E. King Gill at a 1922 football game. Students still show that 12th Man spirit at each athletic event by standing for the entire game, ready to go in if needed.
What is the mascot?
A full-blooded collie named Reveille VIII — or “Miss Rev”, as addressed by cadets — is part of a rich tradition and serves as the highest-ranking member of the Corps of Cadets.
What are the official colors?
Maroon and white. In 2007, worldwide color authority, Pantone Inc., created a custom “Aggie Maroon” color.
Where is Texas A&M located?
Texas A&M University is located in the twin cities of Bryan and College Station, Texas — only a short drive from Austin, Dallas, and Houston.
What is the weather like?
Typical lows during the winter are in the low 40s and typical highs during the summer range in the 90s. The humidity for this region can make winter days seem cooler and summer days warmer.
What is the Corps of Cadets?
Texas A&M was established in 1876 as a military institution, and the Corps of Cadets has played an important part in its history and development. Membership is voluntary, but the Corps form the largest uniformed body of students outside the U.S. military academies.</p>

<p>Hey dude im in pete if you have any specific questions about coursework send me a message and I can give you my number but basically everything they said was true. You make a lot of good friends here because of how close the campus brings the students together.</p>

<p>Howdy
i was wondering if someone am explain how the school is in DETAIL IF POSSIBLE PLEASEEEEEE.
How is the food?
How are the dorms and dorm life?
How are the people?
So they party hard or not really?
Also are there gay people and how do they treat them?
Thank you very much gig em Aggiesss</p>