Why is the Engineering Dept more generous with scholarships?

<p>Is the Chemical Engineering major more challenging than Chemistry? Any opinions as to why the Engineering dept is more generous with departmental scholarships?</p>

<p>Because the Col of Engineering has some money source (donors? Alumni? corporations?) that is underwriting these scholarships. </p>

<p>There’s no money tree…the money always has a source. And the source gets to direct how it’s spent.</p>

<p>Are you a Chem major?</p>

<p>I have a son who is a high school junior and is interested in attending Bama. He is interested in Chemistry and, possibly, ChemE with Med school as the ultimate goal. We will be attending University Days on Monday.</p>

<p>i think in general, engineering activities are more likely to be on the receiving end of donations</p>

<p>you’d be surprised to see the amount of money in high school robotics programs which are funded entirely by donors</p>

<p>CrimsonDude…</p>

<p>My younger son is a ChemE major who is also a pre-med major.</p>

<p>I don’t know if ChemE is more difficult major. I think all the STEM majors are difficult. </p>

<p>I do think that majoring in ChemE gives a student options if he/she decides not to go to med school.</p>