Why should I pick VT engineering over UVa?

<p>I actually considered Vanderbilt because of their great program and I have family in Nashville, but I ended up deciding to try and stay instate since it is so much cheaper.</p>

<p>UVA has a great biomed program. You have to be happy with your choice and it seems like you have made up your mind. Good luck to you.</p>

<p>I could really care less about engineering, but I just thought I'd post that I just got into Virginia Tech as a transfer student. Somehow I got waitlisted at JMU, but screw 'em they don't have REAL football. Still waiting on UVa. Good luck to everyone with their decisions.</p>

<p>I finished a Masters at VT about four years ago and thought that it was outstanding. It was one of the best times of my life. I have been well received by employers. That said, I do not think a UVA engineering grad is going to be held back in any significant way. However, one major factor to consider is if you want to do engineering, it is much easier to handle when a lot of people around you are also doing engineering. That is definitely going to be the case at VT. Go Hokies!</p>

<p>Sorry UVA buffs, but Virginia Tech's engineering department wins hands down every time. I'm going to be doing a co-op with General Electric's Aircraft Engines division this fall along with 5 other Hokies, and I know of a ton of other people who get incredible internships and jobs after graduation. I also have heard numerous people in the automotive field rave about Virginia Tech engineering graduates and have never heard anyone mention UVA engineers specifically.</p>

<p>i'm gonna have to poll in and say the VT engineer has a better degree in his (or her) hand than does the UVA engineer.</p>

<p>I visited both schools last year while looking at colleges (i am now at UT-Austin), so i consider myself pretty unpartial.</p>

<p>Then again i only spent a day at each school, so take it for what it's worth.</p>

<p>UVA- business/liberal arts/law school aspirations</p>

<p>VT - engineering/architecture.</p>