Why so hard to get in?

<p>Why UW-Madison business programs are so tough to get in. They just only accept about 50% of the applicants. But why? is their business program that good?</p>

<p>Yes, and it's getting much better every year. New building, more profs, improved placement services, etc.</p>

<p>Innovative</a> $85 Million Naming Gift Launches New Era for Wisconsin School of Business</p>

<p>But their ranking is not higher than IUB-Kelly or IUCB....</p>

<p>What about their accounting and finance program? very high jobs placements?</p>

<p>Don't worry about the rankings that much. All those schools are pretty even. US News has them about even. BW is just bizarre. UW accounting has fine job placement and a higher CPA pass rate than the others. It's also much smaller--Illinois has a zillion accting majors and it is hyper competitive. They all end up with the same firms. Finance has good placement for working as a stock analyst, etc in mutual funds. Just OK in IB. That's an area they are working to improve. But UW is great in areas like real estate, marketing, insurance and actuarial science.</p>

<p>Here's the YTD placement report and you can see last year's there too.</p>

<p>UW-Madison</a> School of Business - Business Career Center</p>

<p>Thank you so much Barrons.</p>

<p>just want to know about my chance. i am a transfer student form 2 years CC and still waiting for the decision, hopefully i can get in.I almost completed the pre-business requirements except the Literature and i am having 3.87 GPA. So, what is the change for me to get into the business school after one semester in UW? How hard for me to complete the smart students in UW? 50% acceptance rate are really scare me off. I am worry that i don't know what to do if i don't get into the B-school.</p>

<p>any help please!!!</p>

<p>I don't know exactly how they handle transfer gpas. I'd just call the B school admissions people and ask. 3.87 sounds good to me.</p>

<p>Just want to know what happen to the other 50% students who got reject from the B-school. they went to the other major? It sound really depressing that they work really hard to get in UW and got reject form the B-School.</p>

<p>Just went over this in a meeting I went to at the Business School during my UW visit. If students do not get into the business school most will major in something else such as Communications and get a business certificate. As long as you work hard at Madison and stay on top of your work well it should not be a problem to get in.</p>

<p>Should also consider the acceptance rate of re-applicants. As I recalled, the number was higher than 50%. barrons: do you have some more recent/unofficial stat?</p>

<p>WOW.... which mean the first time acceptance rate is low.</p>

<p>Yes, Barrons do you have any unofficial stat?</p>

<p>UW biz stats--not getting any easier. Have no idea about reapplying stats.</p>

<p>Undergraduate</a> Programs admission statistics</p>