Will a 2.96 gpa on 39 Hours get me in to TAMU as a transfer with an undeclared major?

<p>Currently at baylor trying to transfer to tamu next fall. Applying when the applications open up of January first. I'll have a 2.96 gpa on 39 hours at the time of applying. And 13 hours in progress for spring 2014 which I'm assuming won't be counted. My gpa after that term should be above a 3.0. I'm thinking about applying as an undecided major then just switching my major later. Will I get in? Or do I have a better chance declaring a major.</p>

<p>You would have to apply to Gen. Studies and with that GPA I’m not sure you’d get in. Since you are applying for Fall, however, they would deny you and have you send in your transcript after spring to re-evaluate you. There is a shot you could get in with a 2.96 on 39 hours if you had a major picked on your application, but trying to get in with no planned major with that GPA is just extremely unlikely. They want you to come in knowing what you plan to do and stick with it.</p>

<p>don’t apply general studies. you actually need to have like a 3.5 to get into that, and most of the time its a SECOND choice and you need a certain amount of hours. apply to something in liberal arts, work hard your first semester and change your major from there. you MAY be able to get into something like English. I know a guy who got into English with a 3.1 and I also know a guy who got into Biology (not liberal arts) with a 3.0 (but there are pre-reqs for that).</p>

<p>For what it is worth, a friend’s daughter applied to Psychology as a Blinn transfer with a 2.9 and was accepted last year.</p>