will a&m re-evaluate applications?

<p>I think i may have made a post asking for chances a few months earlier,but this thread is different.
I'm a student in the 2nd quarter with good test scores(1400 math+reading; 2110 overall). I'm taking the SAT in Oct. and plan to apply as soon as scores come in on Oct 21. My question is let's assume i don't get in with my current GPA and updated test scores, will a&m look over my application again if i submit good 1st semester senior grades at the end of december/early jan?</p>

<p>Are you in Texas? If so and if your rank is top 25% you should be an automatic “academic admit”:</p>

<p>[Academic</a> Admits](<a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshmen/gettingin/waysAdmitted/academic.aspx]Academic”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshmen/gettingin/waysAdmitted/academic.aspx)</p>

<p>what exactly is your rank? If you are close to 25% you should be good.
I would go ahead andd apply with the scores you have - then submit your new scores if they are better.</p>

<p>i was 35% at the start of 2nd semester of junior year but my rank will have dropped as I didn’t perform so well(Although i did manage to get decent AP scores, 4/4/4 in comp sci/eng/APUSH.) I am trying to amend this however. I took an AP class over summer and got an A, and am working hard this semester to bring up my rank/gpa. Would it be worth it to finish my app in a couple weeks and submit it? or should i wait for oct SAT scores?</p>

<p>A&M has rolling admissions.
I would go ahead and submit your admission. Your 1400 is good and you may get accepted on that and your current class ranking and the 1400. If you do better, then submit the better scores.
I would also go to visit the prospective student center in your area. As well as making an official campus visit - along with a visit to the college of your 1st choice major (maybe your 2nd choice too). All these things are noted and will help you in admission process.
I would really get that app in asap.</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice, i’ll finish up my essays/get a couple letters of rec and submit. I’ve already made an official campus visit but i don’t think i’ll be able to squeeze in another visit(aka convince my parents to drive me back down to college station).
I’m applying to the college of science(chemistry major) so hopefully that isn’t too competitive to get into.</p>

<p>Another quick question though, is there any chance that i would put myself at a disadvantage by applying before oct sat scores? if i apply now, is it possible that a&m will reject me/wait list me and not look at oct sat scores/first semester grades?</p>

<p>I do not believe you will get rejected. You will go into the review admissions stack.
If there is a prospective student center in your area - visit that as well. You will have a person you can call with these kind of questions.
Even if your SAT scores improve, you still will be in the review admit stack becasue of your class ranking. Though some review admits get accepted early, most are after the application closing date. There is really no good reason with a 1400 SAT not to apply now. And could it be possible your class ranking go down after this semester? Consider the drop out rate at your high school… for every drop out, your class ranking will go down.</p>

<p>Right now i’m taking 4 APs, and i am studying hard and will hopefully earn all As. If i’m able to do that, I’m sure my class % would drop considering i have a 3.7ish weighted now and i’m working on having a 4.4 this semester plus the weighted AP class I aced over the summer</p>

<p>BAD news =(.</p>

<p>My rank is 43%, and our counselors are so slow they told me they will not and can not send an updated rank/gpa in to TAMU by jan 15. So i’m going to be stuck applying mid to late october( have to get letter of recs ready). My horrible hs app is pretty much set in stone unless i can improve my SAT in OCT.*(from a 1400 math+cr,2110 total). Do you guys still think i have a good shot? I am an Ap scholar as well if that makes any difference.</p>

<p>Remember if your rank holds you back from full admission, there are other routes into Texas A&M such as Galveston, TAP, and Blinn Team (if you are selected). </p>

<p>My daughter loves the Blinn Team experience. She was lucky enough to get a dorm on campus and looks forward to moving fully to Texas A&M either by transferring in early or at least by the end of her sophomore year when she meets the TEAM requirements.</p>

<p>Hope for the best, but plan your other routes just in case.</p>

<p>Good luck and keep us posted.</p>

<p>I think your SAT scores are fine. I do not think getting a higher SAT score will help. I could be wrong, but I think you need to focus on other things, such as this semester’s grades etc to improve your chances of getting in.</p>

<p>^ I took an AP class over the summer and got an A, and I am taking 4 AP classes right now and they are all high As(95+). The problem is that our counselor says they don’t update rank/gpa early enough for me to get an updated transcript to TAMU by jan 15.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>This makes no sense to me…don’t they have a computer system? Is there no way to motivate the GC to do this for you?</p>

<p>I have no idea, i was perplexed as well. Our counselors are notoriously bad. There is a computer system but when I asked my counselor about it, she said " we don’t recalculate gpa/rank untill mid to late january", even though our semester ends mid december. I assumed gpa/rank was updated automatically. Do you guys know if it is possible to request a transcript and mail it in myself? If I am able to get first semester grades in, my class rank should improve by at least 6 percent</p>