Will a W in transcript affect my transfer?

I am currently Lone Star College’s student with a 4.0 GPA and work on-campus as a Math tutor. I plan to transfer to Texas A&M College Station to study Electrical Engineering in Spring 2021. However, I dropped ENGL 1301 and got W in my first semester. I am wondering if this W will impact my chance to get accepted. I am very worried about it because TAMU is my dream school.
By the way, there are two more semesters before I transfer. What should I do to increase my chance?

W or Q drop?

I received a W because I dropped my class before W day. If I dropped after W day, I would get an F.

We call them q drops. A withdrawal I believe is after q drop date.

Q drops will not hurt you for admissions unless you have several. Then it looks like you aren’t doing well. A Withdrawl shows up as W passing or W failing.

So you meant when they receive my transcript, q drops will not affect my GPA and the admission decision as long as I have only one q drop in my first semester??
If yes, then I will be less worried about my circumstances.
Additionally, will voluntary help my application? or GPA and essay are 2 things I need to concentrate the most?
Thanks

Q drops do not affect gpa.

Transfer admissions is really dependent on gpa, completing requirements before you apply and your essay. Your essay needs to demonstrate why you are choosing this major and what you will do at Tamu as a student to get involved. No fluff just a well written concise essay.

Thank you so much.
I have one more question about Aggie Assurance because I cannot afford the tuition. Have ever the fund been out and cannot help all Aggies students? If yes, does the fund follow the rule: first come first serve. In other words, I have to apply for the fund ASAP?

I have no idea of the fund. I’m sorry can’t help on that. I know someone has asked about it ndvkre on here. Do a search and it should bring it up.