Will any dorms be open during spring break?

<p>Hi, y’all. My son was originally planning to go on a service trip to Vero Beach, Florida, during spring break. (Yeah, I know, I know; Vero Beach; gimme a break, right? :p)</p>

<p>But now he is thinking of staying in Tuscaloosa…he has heard that Saint Francis might be doing a service project right in T-Town.</p>

<p>This raises the issue of where he might stay during that week. :o</p>

<p>Does anyone know whether any dorms will be open during spring break, e.g., for kids doing local service projects?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Diane</p>

<p>The students who live in the Bluffs can stay in their apartments.</p>

<p>Diane,</p>

<p>Are you asking if there are “other” dorms that a student can “use” during spring break other than their own regular dorm?</p>

<p>Try contacting housing. Bunk with someone in an apartment. Ask someone at St. Francis.</p>

<p>I think the students used to be able to stay in Rose Towers during break if they made arrangements. Of course, you know what happened to Rose Towers! Maybe there could be other accommodations made for your S.</p>

<p>mom2ck – yep, that’s what I mean! And cuttlefish–thanks much!</p>

<p>Diane… I doubt that there are empty beds in those dorms that the school would allow a student to use for a week. Likely either the dorm rooms are currently being used or they’re being left “clean” for an emergency. </p>

<p>Yes, have your son ask St. Francis local TTown kids if he can bunk at their homes.</p>

<p>UA does keep some empty dorm rooms available for spring break housing and offers them to residents of on-campus housing for free on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a small commitment/damage deposit which is returned a couple weeks later. When I stayed in spring break housing, UA even provided linens and some toiletries. </p>

<p>UA could certainly use unoccupied rooms for spring break housing; all they need to do is have one of the cleaning people stop by after spring break to make sure everything is ready for the next resident.</p>

<p>HRC no longer offers spring break housing. We do not have enough vacancies to do this, and we will not be able to allow students to move into another resident’s room for a week.</p>

<p>Sorry I don’t have better news,
Janine Gascoigne</p>