Will being a URM have an impact of getting into UNC-CH? HELP!

<p>Im a junior and have a 3.06 gpa and WILL bring it up to a 3.27 by the end of the first semester.
* Instate
*Black
*Female
* I will be also taking Spanish 4 years(CH requires only 2)
WORK EXPERIENCE:
Job Shadow
Banfield The Pet Hospital : 16hrs</p>

<p>VOLUNTEER SERVICE
Volunteer
Home Works of America, Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Over 300 hrs of service</p>

<p>Altar Serving
Total Hours: 22</p>

<p>Carnival Volunteer: 17 hrs.
Volunteer</p>

<p>EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
AAU
Grade 10</p>

<p>Varsity Women's Basketball</p>

<p>Crisis Assistance Club Member
Grade 10</p>

<p>Spanish Club
Grade 10
Vice President</p>

<p>Junior Varsity Women's Basketball
Captain</p>

<p><em>Knights of Columbus student of the month</em>
<em>1st Honors Honor Roll</em></p>

<p>LEADERSHIP</p>

<p>Secretary for H.O.S.A. Club Health Occupations Students Of America September 2014- Present</p>

<p>Youth Group Counselor/Leader August 2014- Present</p>

<p>Classroom Representative for Class of 2016</p>

<p>Junior: 4.00 (so far)
USHistory: A
SATPrep: A
Sacr & Lit: A
English11: A
Spanish 3:A
AdvChem: A
Period G (Alg 2)A</p>

<p>Sophomore
GRADE POINT AVERAGE: 3.06
CAREER CREDITS: 14.00
COURSE SECTION S1 S2
Mystery 023/03 A+
The Church 024/11 A+
English10 222/18 B- B-
ChoralEns 332/01 A B+
AdvSpan2 462/12 B C
AdvGeometr 624/07 B- C+
EarthExplo 824/01 B+ A-
WrldHistry 921/15 C B-</p>

<p>Freshman:
COURSE S1 S2
Faith&Rev B
Trin&Vocat C
English9 B B
BegDramaS B+
Dance1S A
AdvSpan1 C D
Health B+
PE101 A+
AdvAlg1 B- B+
Biology1 B C+</p>

<p>I go to a college prep high school, an I am not taking any Honors or aps due to my busy athletic and ec's agenda, will that effect my acceptance rates?
How can I increase my chances? And what should I try to score on the SAT(already taking classes)
Thanks everyone, have a blessed day/night! Im becoming so anxious and sad about my gpa</p>

<p>“not taking any honors or APs due to my busy athletic and ec’s schedule”…You do realize that most kids taking APs also hav very busy schedules. I work 20 hours a week, am captain of a varsity sport, and am the student body president (which is typical for UNC applicants)–if you can’t handle what you have now, how will you handle college? Being brutally honest here, you really need to step it up if you want an acceptance letter. Honors classes are not that hard, what do you think UNC lectures will be like? It’s your junior year and you haven’t taken any AP or honors classes…unless you pull a 2400, your chances are extremely low.</p>

<p>This is my chances thread if you want to see the stats of another black female applying to UNC
<a href=“Please Chance Me for American, UNC-Chap, NC-State, Wake Forest, Cornell and Johns Hopkins! - #11 by Pennylane2011 - Chance Me / Match Me! - College Confidential Forums”>Please Chance Me for American, UNC-Chap, NC-State, Wake Forest, Cornell and Johns Hopkins! - #11 by Pennylane2011 - Chance Me / Match Me! - College Confidential Forums;