Will housing reopen?

<p>I signed up to be on the notification list back in late February, and I wanted to know if/when housing would open at all. Has it ever reopened in the past?</p>

<p>As a backup, where do you guys recommend living? I'd like somewhere that is close to campus and decently priced.</p>

<p>Thank you in advance.</p>

<p>I have a feeling it won’t open with any decent dorming options. I would suggest going ahead and getting an apartment, as they as well are filling up. I signed a lease with The Lofts at Wolf Pen Creek for $465/month+electric, which isn’t bad. I DO share a room, but that’s just like a dorm (and ends up being cheaper). For a nice but less expensive apartment, I would suggest the Trails (also) at Wolf Pen Creek. A plus for the Trails is that they have shorter leases (the Lofts are all 12-month, but Trails do 9- and 12-month), cheaper rent, and they’re in a nice area. The Lofts are a bit more expensive but they’re extremely nice. </p>

<p>Both are on the TAMU bus rout. Busses come every eight minutes during school hours.</p>

<p>As I said, they’re filling up fast.</p>

<p>any thoughts on Cambridge for housing??</p>

<p>Any help from current or past Aggies would be helpful regarding housing options. My son did not sign up in time for dorm availability and we would appreciate any advice. </p>

<p>@hello1999 I went ahead and signed a lease for the District on Luther. I signed for a 4 bed/4 bath apartment for $525 + utilities per person. It’s pretty close to the campus while being decently priced, so that’s the main reason I decided to live there in the fall.</p>

<p>However, same as you, I would like to hear from other Aggies as well for more information.</p>

<p>@Forwardlooking thanks for the tip…Any other Aggies wanting to help out future Aggies needing real reviews or info about off campus housing? Any word on whether housing is reopening?</p>

<p>My son was on the wait list for housing too, and I was told by housing that it could open up mid June. We decided not to wait and have signed a lease at The Cambridge. After my son saw it, he chose living there over the possibility of getting whatever on campus dorms might be left in June. Plus, they don’t do roommate matching in June, just first come first serve. Cambridge, from what we have been told, does a good job matching roommates. Also, we found the price to be comparable to dorm/meal plan on campus. Hope that helps!</p>

<p>Just got an email saying that “on-campus housing applications will be opening for a very limited time for MEN only on Tuesday, May 20th at 9:00 am.”</p>

<p>Would definitely have been interested, but as stated earlier, I already signed a lease somewhere else. </p>

<p>Oh, well. Hope you guys out there still waiting to live on campus will be able to get in!</p>

<p>@forwardlooking thanks! My son has not received any type of notification so I will definitely have him call ASAP to check into this! Thanks again!
@B2karen - we are visiting College Station in early June and Cambridge is one of our options if on campus housing falls through. I’ve just read so many negative reviews on Cambridge - it is a little scary to commit sight unseen. </p>

<p>@hello1999‌ Glad I could help! I don’t know if there was a specific order they sent out that email, but I signed up to be on the notification list in late February. </p>