Will I be able to get in UC with one F?

Okaayyy, so I’m currently a junior in highschool and throughout my entire years of being in highschool, I’ve had C’s and better. But, currently I have an F in Alg 2 and I don’t think it’s going to get any better. I could probaly managed a D at the end of the year, but that proves to be unlikely. I plan to retake it in my senior year, will this lower my chances for me to go to a UC?

Since it is an a-g required course, you need a C or better. No, you will not get into a UC with a D or F. You need to retake the class with a passing grade but unfortunately your UC GPA will suffer since it is based on 10-11th grades only. Senior year grades are not considered for admission. http://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

OP, does your high school have summer school grade recovery? If you can take algebra 2 at your high school’s summer school before your senior year and get a c or better, that grade will replace your f for GPA calculation - but note that you will still have to list your f on your UC application. If your high school doesn’t offer algebra 2, see if you can take it at a community college. My D got into several UCs with a D in second semester French 1 in her sophomore year, even without retaking it, as she got As in French 2 in her junior year. She retook Algebra 2 as well, so it is possible to have a lousy sophomore year and get into UC but you have to work very, very hard and show a definite pattern of improvement (she took some A-G requirements the summer before senior year to hike her GPA).

Good luck!