Will I be able to get in ?

<p>Average:90.41(Unweighted) 93.41(Weighted)</p>

<p>African American Male</p>

<p>SAT:1150/1600 (Since they don't count writing) Critical Reading:600 Math:550 Writing: 480 (Yes I know it's low not really good at writing essays in short periods of time)
ACT: 24</p>

<p>High School Core Classes:
Freshmen:2/4 Honors
Sophomore:2/4 Honors
Junior:2/4 Honors
Senior:3/5 Honors
Important Electives:
Studio in Art(Intro Class)
Architecture I
Architecture II (Advanced)
Design and Drawing for Production II(Industrial Design)(Skipped 1yr)
(I'm forgetting a lot of other stuff)</p>

<p>In School Activities:
Film Club
Astronomy Club
Architecture Club
National Honor Society</p>

<p>Out of School Activities:
Soccer Town Club Team-4 years-Captain
Soccer Town Travel Team-2 years
Intramural Basketball
About 20 hours of community service aside from the service done in National Honor Society</p>

<p>Recommendations:
Guidance Counselor and 3 teachers
they should all be strong since I was all one of their favorite students(and my counselor is friends with my mom)</p>

<p>I go to an competitive school ranked among the top 5 in the region and among the top 200 in the nation.</p>

<p>So would you say I have a good chance of getting in?</p>

<p>I think you're good.</p>

<p>thx for the help</p>

<p>Have you taken any AP's? And FYI, Virginia Tech doesn't read recommendations. It's pure numbers.</p>

<p>No however other than my honors classes I take College level english since we have 5 levels of course difficulty in our school (Spec. Ed, Regular, Honors, College, & AP)</p>

<p>to OP: you look like a good in. </p>

<p>to Marcusf329: Virginia Tech doesn't read recs? I was pretty sure recs were optional, and that they read them if you send them.</p>

<p>^ An admission officer visited my school and during the presentation he told us they just throw away recommendations. The reason they do so, he said, is because there are way too many applications and people sent too many.</p>

<p>Oh no! I don't look very good based on scores, however I had a great essay and great recommendations. Now im concerned.</p>