Will I be rescinded as a USC transfer student?

So on my acceptance letter at the end for additional comments it said this,
“You are admitted on the condition you earn a GPA of 3.50 or higher in the spring courses you listed in your application, with no individual grade lower than C (2.00). You will be permitted to register for classes only after we receive an official transcript that verifies you have met these conditions. You should provide this transcript before participating in Orientation. If you fail to meet the above conditions, your admission may be rescinded.”

This semester I took some harder classes so my gpa for spring may be a 3.3 because of one C and a B and though my bad grades don’t drop my overall gpa (it literally stays the same), my spring semester gpa is lower than they said it should be. I have to commit in a few days and now I am worried about committing only to be rescinded, I heard USC doesn’t usually rescind however that was for freshman applicants. Has anyone heard anything about this because now I am very worried?! Thanks!

This is the type of thing I would simply ask an admission officer. But you don’t have the final transcript yet.

Is this a - if I don’t go to USC, I’ll be staying where I am question or is there another option should you not get into USC?

You can ask the adviser the hypothetical. They listed 3.5 for a reason - so they should be able to give you an answer. On the other hand, if it’s USC or staying where you are - then you have time to let it play out.

Good luck.

My admission officer said she encouraged me to get a 3.5 so I am assuming that she is not able to disclose a true answer since it says I “may” be rescinded. I might have to commit to another school soon so this whole situation kinda sucks because I dont wanna commit to USC and be stuck with no school LOL.

That’s why you need to ask.

She “encouraged” you doesn’t matter.

You have, in your offer letter, it saying a 3.5.

So you need to ask - but truth is you don’t have the GPA yet.

You might ask for an extension to allow your final grades.

No I have already told her that I will be getting a 3.3 because my professors have already given me my final grades they just haven’t posted it online. I just have to wait for my final transcripts to be reviewed by them I guess. I was just wondering if anyone has gotten below the requirement and been accepted because then I would be less worried.

Ask. Then you’ll know. If the letter states 3.5, it can be a concern. If it was just a verbal suggestion, then unlikely.

Just wondering if you have heard anything from USC,my son is in the same situation

Have you heard anything from USC
My son is in the same situation

I’m in the exact same position - I looked up and emailed my advisor and let them know of my GPA situation because I had a 3.4 in my spring semester. I asked them if I could expand on my situation semester (because I had exemplary circumstances) and they said that was okay and that they would add it to my file as circumstances like ours are decided on a case-by-case basis. After USC receives your transcripts, I was told by another advisor when I toured that you would hear back in about 1-2 weeks about their decision. Best of luck to you and I hope we both get in. Also if you can please update I wanna know if you got a decision yet/

UPDATE: The USC office of admission emailed me letting me know that I failed to meet the condition, but they gave me a chance to elaborate. I then elaborated on my spring semester circumstance and how I believe it affected my grades, and also included in the email that I emailed my assigned admissions counselor prior about the same topic. About an hour after I replied to them, I received another email from USC’s admissions office alerting me that they were letting my offer of admission stand and that I am able to attend USC despite not meeting the condition!! I hope this helps. Wishing you luck : )

2 Likes

Have you heard anything lazydog123?