Will I get any Aid?...

Oh, i will definitely still apply. I’d love to be an aggie, but I don’t know yet if I love it more then I love the debt. Its just given me more things to consider about this school when i apply. For example,(even though I didn’t want to) I may need to consider continuing color guard(corps cadets style i guess) in college to try and afford it. But I will keep my eye on this school. Thank you again @justanotherjose

NcA&T has excellent merit scholarships, including full rides, and graduates many African Americans m.
Morehouse perhaps less so indeed.
Have you looked into the other colleges I mentioned ?
Actually, tamu doesn’t have a special reputation for affordability. It does have a reputation as a top engineering school and is considered the most or among the most conservative universitied in the nation. It is a public university and is lower cost for Texans, as it should be, and they do have scholarships, but those aren’t automatic.
So, you can’t count on Tamu being affordable but you should apply because it might well be.
Do check whetherbthey accept senior rank - some universities only accept rank at the end of junior year. So you may not be able use senior rank.
You can apply November 25 - send everything out on the 25th though. You’re still OK as long as you don’t apply after November 30 and then the longer you wait after that the worse it will be.

This was what I meant by being having a reputation of affordability. But I guess now they are out dated. http://today.tamu.edu/2014/07/16/college-station-ranked-among-nations-top-10-most-affordable-college-towns/
http://www.collegeaffordabilityguide.org/schools/texas/
https://best-colleges.time.com/money/schools/texas-a-and-m-university

@MYOS1634
I can’t wait that long to apply because then im a lot less likely to get into the school of engineering. I won’t survive rolling admissions. I thought you could send them additional information to help with admission choices.

And I’m familiar with most of the schools you listed, and (aside from trinty, uh, and Texas state ) their merit is extremely competitive and don’t offer much beyond their president endowment. And most don’t have the programs I’m After ( material science undergraduate research, good job placement out of college(I prefer +70%)… That’s why A&M was so high on my list. But I get that I still have to look for other schools.

The early action cut off date is October 15, the last day to apply is Dec 1. You can continue to update your application until Dec 1, but most schools don’t publish senior ranks until January so your junior rank at the end of the semester is what is normally used. https://engineering.tamu.edu/easa/areas/recruitment/fall-2017-admissions I don’t think waiting at a school with rolling admissions is a good idea, I don’t think the poster above realizes the admissions system used here is very different to most colleges. The way I read it, the engineering choices are expanded for the general deadline to the off site campuses, Galveston & Blinn engineering. If so, early action is the way to go to maximize the number of slots available at College Station.

The first ranking deals with the town, not the College. And it’s very true, college station is much, much cheaper than, say, Santa Barbara (another town that grew around it’s university). And talk is relatively inexpensive compared to other universities - but it doesn’t ‘meet need’ and it’s merit is competitive.
You can apply very early but if you’re not top 10% they don’t guarantee you’ll get the major you want. It’s true that your odds of getting your major go down considerably the more you wait, and as I said it’s quite possible they don’t take senior rank into account (you have to check.)
As for the other schools, many would consider 95k for a family of five to be close to lower income in their applicant pool. Colleges that ‘meet need’ May thus be cheaper than some that don’t. You just don’t know by looking at listed price. You have to run the NPC.

@MYOS1634 Yeah maybe it is because of the location. IDK. I do run some colleges NPC and I will be sure to compare cost when (or if) i get accepted to some schools, but for now I am still making my list of schools to apply to.

@AGmox2 Thank you! Now I may have a chance (provided my rank and ACT / SAT scores improve) My school does give the seniors an early updated ranking by November 24th. I hope to apply somewhere between September 24th to October 2nd (To get the scores for my final SAT and ACT turned in with it). Or can i apply early in September, and add my updated ACT and SAT scores afterwards, as long as I do before December 1st?

I’m an automatic admit right? Top 25% and 30 on ACT right?

@lessonwitch2 Have you also considered that starting in August, TAMU school of engineering is going to the holistic review? You should be automatically admitted with 30 ACT, but will go into review to receive the engineering major. (Or that is my understanding of the new process.)

Yes, auto admits are top 25% and 30 ACT with min. of 27 in Math and English. Also take all required courses. http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted Yes, 100% of engineering majors are selected by competitive holistic review (after admission to the university) starting in 2016.

@hmays1
Well when I apply depends on if my scores are good. (like if i get less then a 1350 or 32 I may want to spend the time studying for the test.) I was thinking I should wait till after my next round of testing so I can focus just on taking the test rather then making an application. When do you all think?because I have 2 of the essays done and a resume ready so I can apply whenever. Should I wait till august or after I get my test scores

I just got my financial aid award and I am surprised how accurate you guys were. I know more awards may be on their way, but they came about 22k below my efc (including loans with no work study !) Is this normal? is more potentially on the way?

In case anyone was curious, I ended up getting going from 100% loans at texas A&M to 21k in grants and scholarships to attend Texas A&M

Good for you! Will you attend TAMU?

@JAMCAFE
Definitely!

@lessonwitch2 Whoop! Gig em!

Wow!! That is awesome!! Congratulations!!!