Will I Get In?

<p>I have a 2.3 gpa and I received a 1730 on my SAT.
math:600
critical reading:540
writting:590
(I’m scheduled to retake the SAT in December, hopefully I will increase my reading score.)</p>

<p>I have played volleyball for my school and have been in DECA and Latin club.</p>

<p>I became very sick sophomore year and almost had to drop out. Since I recovered junior year, second semester, I have had all A’s and B’s. I am in honors and AP classes and I have been through out high school. I’m currently a senior and im planing on applying in January. I live in Georgia and my parents have no problem paying the out of state tuition. Is there any way that I will get in? Or any advice on what could possibly increase my chances. Also, would having a paper application explaining my situation be helpful.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I wouldn’t wait until January. I think that the earlier you apply, the better your chances, and since your GPA is below Bama’s average, you should do whatever you can to increase your chances. Is your guidance counselor aware of your illness? If so, I’d have him send a letter explaining the situation. FWIW, a number of students from my D’s high school (in Illinois) have been accepted in the last couple years with lower stats (both test scores and GPA) than you have and no AP/honors classes.</p>

<p>Thank you very much for this,I appreciate it.</p>

<p>Have you seen my reply on your other thread?</p>

<p>Talk to admissions or your area rep about the improvement in grades and the situation sophomore year.</p>

<p>Apply NOW…do not delay.</p>

<p>Have your GC include a note about your illness. Your upward swing in grades should be a help.</p>

<p>Have you school also send your first semester grades when those are available…but don’t wait to apply.</p>

<p>Apply soon!!!</p>