Will I get in?!

<p>Hi! I don’t know much about who Alabama really accepts so I figured you guys could help me out. </p>

<p>I am OOS Michigan, have a 3.474 weighted gpa (3.13 uw), a 32 ACT, class rank weighted 86 out of 260, many AP and Honors classes and I have leadership in like three clubs. Also, do you know if it is necessary to take the SAT to apply to Bama?</p>

<p>tbh i dont really know. but you better take the sat for applying to other schools as well. the sat or the act are the fundamentals. hope this helps.</p>

<p>you do not need to take the sat as you already have act (act must be with writing section though) should be able to get in and also get merit award.</p>

<p>sorry i didnt see you already have ACT. sorry my fault. you should do perfectly fine. no need for SATs then.</p>

<p>toridown: Welcome! Your ACT score of 32 would give you the Presidential award except I am not sure about the 3.474 GPA part. That needs to be a 3.5 GPA. Is the 3.474 GPA for only 9-11th grade? Does it include all courses in 9-11th grade?</p>

<p>You do need to apply now if you haven’t already. The deadline is Dec. 1.</p>

<p>[Out-of-State</a> Scholarships - Undergraduate Scholarships - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/out_of_state.html]Out-of-State”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/out_of_state.html)</p>

<p>Thank you! And especially cuttlefish123. That is 3.474 gpa for 9-11th. Can I get the first semester of senior year included? It does include all courses, including non-academic.</p>

<p>Is the 3.474 GPA weighted? If it is not and your school doesn’t normally weight, UA will consider a weighted GPA that is handwritten by your counselor on the transcript.</p>

<p>Remember that you need to apply and submit UA’s scholarship application before December 1st. The scholarship application will be available 2-3 days after you submit your admissions application.</p>

<p>Tori: Will your guidance counselor round it to a 3.5?</p>

<p>Be sure to submit the application right away. Do it today if possible. You see what Sea_Tide wrote above. Because you can’t submit the Scholarship app until you submit the regular app. </p>

<p>Not sure if senior year can be included. Maybe someone else knows. I would include it anyway. Why not?</p>

<p>Senior year cannot be included - it’s right in the FAQs on the scholarship page. However, Mom2CK recently posted on another thread that UA might consider senior grades in giving scholarships other than the automatics.</p>

<p>Is your gpa weighted for AP’s & Honors? Bama will accept a note from guidance counselors with the weighted gpa if is not shown on the transcript.</p>

<p>I would ask the GC if she’ll “round up” your weighted GPA and write 3.5 on your transcript. If so, then you’ll get the Presidential if you apply by Dec 1st…so apply NOW and submit the scholarship app.</p>

<p>If your GC refuses, then go ahead and submit what you have. There’s a chance that you’ll still get some award in the spring. However, who knows how much you’d be awarded, so it’s better to get the GC to round up your weighted GPA and write it on your transcript.</p>

<p>If the weighted GPA is done electronically and is a 4.74, why would a GC do a manual rounding up? Also, would it be possible that UA admissions would round up?</p>

<p>Correction. I meant to type 3.74.</p>

<p>If the weighted GPA is done electronically and is a [3.74], why would a GC do a manual rounding up?</p>

<p>Not sure what you’re asking.</p>

<p>The OPs GPA is * have a 3.474 weighted gpa (3.13 uw), a 32 ACT*. So, we’re asking if she can get her GC to round it up to a 3.5 so she’d get the Presidential Scholarship.</p>

<p>Ah, missed the weighted. OP, I would be sure to let the GC know how much you would receive if it was rounded up $90,000+. Also, there may be an advanced class that could be called an “honors”.</p>

<p>If you get your counselor to… adjust your GPA up to a 3.5, you get the Presidential which is full tuition for 4 years! So to answer your question, yes you will get in.</p>

<p>I just got accepted (today!) with a weighted 3.1 GPA ( embarrassed to post my unweighted lol). You should DEFINITELY get in!</p>

<p>DavidL: Welcome and congratulations! Roll Tide!! What’s your major?</p>

<p>Please post here too. <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1096387-what-state-everybody-roll-call-26.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1096387-what-state-everybody-roll-call-26.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;