Will I get in?

<p>* Do you know if UA takes the highest score for each section or is it just whatever the total score is for that test?*</p>

<p>Bama doens’t superscore, so it will take the best M+CR from the best sitting.</p>

<p>Yes, have him practice those 2 sections - don’t worry about practicing the Writing. He could also take the ACT in case he does better on that. </p>

<p>It’s not that hard to increase a score by 40 points with practice. At first, don’t use a time restriction. Just go thru a test section, answer, mark any questions where answers were guessed, then when done and answers checked, look over the explanations of the incorrect answers. Also, look over the guessed answers - even if the guess was correct to see why the other possible guess was incorrect. </p>

<p>If he’s struggling in the CR section, then have someone who’s good in that section sit with him while he’s doing a section. They can discuss each unsure question as he goes along.</p>

<p>Later, do timed sections. If he’s running out of time (has that been a problem?), then there are strategies for that as well. </p>

<p>It’s ok to guess if you can narrow the guess to 2 possible answers. Mathematically, it shouldn’t hurt you in the long run, and can help.</p>

<p>^^^^ great advice!</p>

<p>Also like to add: Have your S do “the question of the day” and the practice tests on the College Board . com website. They have lots of great practice questions. Also, get the blue College Board book for more practice tests.</p>

<p>Good luck and Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>To add to the above, the CR section is the hardest to ‘study’ for. The math is actually studyable (not a word).</p>

<p>Thank you to everyone for the wonderful advice. My son is all for studying to bump it up. He was annoyed with himself for not getting higher. I guess we will just hope he can boost it up a bit. ;)</p>

<p>Also, have him review common SAT vocab lists. Have him review a couple of new words everyday…and then review the new words each week.</p>