Will I get in?

<p>I am a high school JUNIOR planning to graduate in spring
'07 (college fall '07)</p>

<p>I live in Illinois (suburbs of Chicago)</p>

<p>I plan on applying as early as possible for all of these schools</p>

<hr>

<p>U of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (Plan on applying Early Decision)
U of Wisconsin Madison</p>

<h2>U of Michigan Ann Arbor</h2>

<p>GPA: 3.81 (weighted) out of 4
Class rank: not good (top 26ish %)
*I attend a competetive upper-middle class highschool in a suburb of chicago if that makes any difference
Classes: mostly honors (3 - 4 honors classes a semester)
AP:
Sophomore - Computer Science 'A' = score of 5 out of 5
Junior - None
Senior - Plan on taking AP Microeconomics, AP Statistics and AP Amer. Govnt. next year</p>

<p>Test Scores:
Took SAT this month - most likely 1900 - 1950
Took ACT this month - most likely 28 - 30 (will continue to take it until i get atleast a 30)</p>

<p>Sports: Tennis 9/10/11/(planning on 12)
* Sophomore Team Captain and Team MVP</p>

<p>Clubs/EC: Dabbled in various clubs at some time or another (Service Club, Ecology Club) but not anything noteworthy</p>

<p>My sister is currently a senior at University of Illinois but will graduate this spring ('06).</p>

<p>If it makes any difference, my parents are divorced and have a relatively high income.</p>

<p>I am wondering whether or not i will get into University of Illinois or whether i need to re-adjust my expectations first and foremost</p>

<p>U of Wisconsin and U of Michigan would be nice as well.</p>

<p>Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.</p>

<p>Just make sure you apply really early, I think you are at least in at Madison and Illinois(If you do well on the SAT/ACT 1350/30+). I think its dumb that you didn't take any AP's junior year.</p>

<p>Thankyou</p>

<p>Yeah you are right about the AP thing but I only had a realistic chance at taking 1, AP Physics and i need a very slow pace in science to understand it and that would have been too fast. Instead, long story short, i got put in Senior physics which is faster than junior physics but not AP.</p>

<p>It's not a big deal that you didn't take any APs this year; junior year is already hard enough! Anyway, many people at my school including myself didn't take any AP sciences junior year and got into Madison. As long as you take challenging classes (like your honors classes) and do well, you'll be fine.
Good luck next year!</p>

<p>I didn't know Illinois had an ED.</p>

<p>Thankyou for the help everyone.</p>

<p>I am not sure if Illinois has "early decision" or early admission or what. Some seniors at my school who applied very early (september) heard back within only a few weeks that they were accepted and did not have spectacular records.</p>

<p>official act score = 31</p>

<p>wow 31 is pretty good, u should get into Wisconsin, what is ur Michigan gpa? make sure to take real classes next year, dont take stat and yearbook</p>

<p>Yo, apply early. Class rank might hurt you (maybe defer you until spring) but I think you'd get in. I think that rank might keep you out of other schools, though.</p>

<p>You should get in @wisconsin.</p>

<p>I am international. My SATs were M 780 CR 570 W 680. I also sent in my SAT2s which I believe wouldn't have made a slight difference. (maybe a tiny bit)</p>

<p>hoohoh... my class rank, well, sucks. I think I rank top 35%. But then again, I'm from HK and things are very different here.</p>

<p>Apply early, I didn't get in at Wisc with a 2050 and a 3.5 (with a 4.0 senior year in high school and my college courses)</p>

<p>^^^ Just out of curiosity, when did you apply? Besides your college courses, would you say you had a challenging cirriculum? Activities?</p>

<p>Again-- just out of curiosity. I'm very surprised you didn't get in.</p>

<p>Yes, I had a pretty good curriculum for my high school (pretty much the best my small school offered) but my activities weren't spectacular or anything (I intern for a state rep, take voice lessons, and was on a nationally ranked cheerleading team.) Maybe I'm an anomaly?</p>

<p>Wow... Just goes to show you can never be certain of admission.</p>

<p>What is a 3.5 for your HS? I mean, for some a 3.5 is really good, for others, it might be outside the top 20 or 30%. In that case I wouldn't be surprised.</p>

<p>Eh, my school isn't competitve but it was about top 15%</p>