Interested in Corps of Cadets
Varsity XC- 3 years, team captain this year
Varsity Track- 1 year
I volunteer in my community

Please be honest. Thanks!

What is your class rank? Is it top 25%?

No, probably not top 25%.

No, probably not top 25%.

Being outside of top quarter and bring OOS will make it very tough. Being interested in the Corps may help but It will be tough.

I applied in November and got accepted in December, but I am an in-state applicant. My rank was just outside the Top 25%. What they like to see is that you have a rigorous course load, and that you’re very devoted to the extracurriculars that you do. Having some good awards will help too, and I see that you have some leadership positions.

My advice would be to have a good senior year schedule, just don’t overload yourself. If you’re into the Corps, what exactly are you going to major in. You have to find ways to stand out based on the major that you are applying for. For example, I did a lot of scientific research and was the president of the Neuroscience Club at my school, and then I applied to Biology at TAMU and I got in.

29 on the ACT is a good score. You might want to take it again and see if you can get it higher. 3.0 GPA is kind of low. However,you should ask if they take weighted GPA into consideration.

Good luck applying and let me know if you need any help.