Will I get into A&M?

Hi guys, what do y’all think my chances are of getting into a&m?

I am not in the top 25% of my class, but hopefully top 50%. My school is one of the most competitive in the state. I have a 33 composite ACT score, along with MANY resume items (bunch of volunteering, ECs, and leadership positions), and 3 pretty good essays. And I just applied (Sept 26), so that’s pretty early considering their Dec 1st deadline.

Be honest, please. Thank you.

Very nice ACT score! That will help. Chances are you won’t hear until February since you are a review admit. Research Blinn Team and Gateway to see if they interest you in case that is what you are offered. You may want to check out the Texas A&M forum.

I’d say your chances were pretty good - many students say their ranks are due to competitive HS however, they don’t have the scores to ‘back that up’ but you do. Once you are a review candidate, everything counts so your full resume/great essays will be 50% of the decision, the other 50% scores/rank. You might want to send in a recommendation letter to boost your chances, if you haven’t already done so. To be honest, the Sept 26 admission date is middle of the pack, most students jump on the applications here (as in a huge amount submit in August) since it is rolling admissions to majors. I’d be sure to also pick a back up school - only 12-13% of review admits get full admission, so it is very competitive. Good luck!

Thank you guys, I’m hoping for the best!

It also depends on what you want to major in. What do you plan to major in?

My first choice is biomedical sciences and my second is Biology (BS).

@deliriousdancer luckily biomedical science is not that competitive to get into, you are admitted into the major as long as you are admitted to the university. They say they might have to put a cap on the major in the future, but for now there is no cap! I applied to A&M as well, with my first choice as biomedical science, good luck to you!

thank you! good luck to you as well :slight_smile: @LizLiz7631 do let me know if you get admitted or not! it would be cool to know someone in the same major as me!