Will I get into Loyola University Chicago?

hi, Do you think I will get in? here is some information about me
I want to go into pre-med
1280 SAT
3.12 Weighted GPA
4 Years of math I will be taking AP stat next year
3 Years of science (1 AP) I will be taking AP Chem my senior year

2 Years of language - Spanish
4years of English
4 years of social studies; AP Gov, APUSH, AP psychology, and AP Macro will be taking AP Human Geography and AP comparative government next year meaning my senior year

Activities:
I am going to be part of Senior Class bored
I played tennis I play varsity level badmintion
I volunteer at the hospital and have been since I turned 16 last year I have over 150+ hours.

I am going to write a pretty good essay (i hope) explaining the reason for my low GPA, and that I am not a good test taker. I said how much I wanted to go there, and blah blah blah all that good stuff and I should have pretty good teacher recs.

I am also applying to:
Northwestern (NOT GONNA GET IN KNOW IT)
DePaul (Chicago)
Lake Forest College
The University of Illinois at Chicago

Plz, let me know what you think and thank you!

Hmmm, your SAT is solidly in the middle of their range, your GPA is quite low especially as weighted. Has it improved each year? A positive trend could help you. Do you have to apply into the school/major that you want to study at Loyola? Because your strength…social sciences, doesn’t quite line up with pre med. I would be very careful that your essay isn’t all about excuses. Explaning low gpa/tests is important if you have a major factor (such as, for example, illness/death of a family member, a major illness or accident yourself, etc…and if you have something like this, hopefully your guidance counselor rec letter or teacher could address it leaving your essay to be about you, you personality, and your strengths. Also, since your SAT is in their middle range, I’m not sure I would try to explain that away. Also be very sure that your app doesn’t have any typos such as “bored” for “board!” :slight_smile: . I know this is more advice than chance, all I can say on that is don’t count it as a safety! Good luck.